• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Transmission Work in SoCal

Expendable

my Transmission (4L80e) in my 95 H1 (Naturally Aspirated Diesel) grinds in when in overdrive. nothing wrong, in the other gears. Don't really have a place to work on anything major to the truck myself. Might end up sending to a trusted tranmission shop, anybody know of any near Los Angeles area? especially where i won't get gouged in 'Hummer Tax'. I know I can send it to Tustin, but are there any other options out there?

scoreh3

Ask Chris 06H3 , I found him a shop in Reseda and I think he said he was fair. I got the guy's name from a mechanic friend who uses him a lot . Sorry I don't remember the shops name , it's on Reseda Blvd near Roscoe .

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
I would feel good about going to Mike at Tustin or Anthony at AAMCO. Both are stand up guys that will do you right. Management at Tustin has changed and Mike doesn't have the latitude that he used to have.

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
I would feel good about going to Mike at Tustin or Anthony at AAMCO. Both are stand up guys that will do you right. Management at Tustin has changed and Mike doesn't have the latitude that he used to have.
Odd, I have always heard that it was "Changes in latitude, changes in attitude" but you're saying it's the other way around?

Expendable

Awesome! Thanks everybody! If I can't get the issue resolved with some easy/quick fixes I will take it down to Tustin or Anthony @ Santa Ana Aamco. Both aren't that far from LA. Thanks again!

Mb30sdl

Hamster that pokes Bears
The only thing I can say about Tustin after taking both H3Ts for HVAC recal, pretty disappointed. But Mike didn't work on my trucks, I guess he only does H1s.

Expendable

Mike only does H1s and it's not guaranteed that he himself will work on the truck as there are other techs that work on them as well. Mike has been working on my dad's H1s for 12+ years going back to when he was at Cerritos Hummer.