• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

engine swap

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
Don't know for sure but I would think a PCM update might do the trick. Though isn't the BCM tied to the VIN, meaning it would need to be replaced?

Mr_Rich

Craig,

I did a check on gmpartsdirect.com and it looks like the newer clutch parts are downward compatible. The flywheel lists for 06-10 along with the latest disc and pressure plate. Your 06 pressure plate looks like an orphan now. A lot of factory parts get upgraded as time goes on and that makes for a good improvement. I find GM parts to be like this on most vehicles that have a fairly long history. That's usually at least five years. Ten years later is when parts start getting scarce.

cbetts

NERD!!!
Craig,

I did a check on gmpartsdirect.com and it looks like the newer clutch parts are downward compatible. The flywheel lists for 06-10 along with the latest disc and pressure plate. Your 06 pressure plate looks like an orphan now. A lot of factory parts get upgraded as time goes on and that makes for a good improvement. I find GM parts to be like this on most vehicles that have a fairly long history. That's usually at least five years. Ten years later is when parts start getting scarce.

I was going to do the entire flywheel/clutch swap when I did my clutch at 70K but I was unable to get confirmation that the later assembly would fit. Next time . . .

Mr_Rich

It's unfortunate that our I5's aren't more popular and widespread. The aftermarket doesn't serve our trucks with too many performance parts. I was able to upgrade my Firebird with an LS7 clutch and I'm really happy with it. I wish upgrades for our trucks were that easy.

SWANK3T

I just want to do it right and put ecoboost V6's in my 2 Alphas along with selectable 2wd AWD 4high and 4 low that would be legit! Lose as much of the gm as I can I keep having tons of stupid little problems. I love the trucks but hate all the small stuff.

cgalpha08

"Like Nothing Else"
I just want to do it right and put ecoboost V6's in my 2 Alphas along with selectable 2wd AWD 4high and 4 low that would be legit! Lose as much of the gm as I can I keep having tons of stupid little problems. I love the trucks but hate all the small stuff.

that would be...awesome!!

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
That would be awesome!!! Those ecoboosts have some good power.

One question though, going to a 2WD case would it have the center lock like the H3 had in 4hi locked and 4lo locked

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk