• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

H1 windows.

crank

The Master Blaster!
My experiences with Hummer windshields are the attract road stones like a magnet. My 3 went though about 3-5 windshields a year. The 2 has gone through at least 2 so far this year. All stones are from vehicles passing me. Guess I need the speed it up some.
Anyway..
With the H1, the windows are straight up and down. Looks like they will attract the stones just as easy as the others. The H1 windows have heater wires inside them.
Has anyone had to replace theirs? Do the replacement windows also have the heater wires built in? Safelite or other companies?
Tnx

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
Joe they make heated and non heated windshields for the H1. The heated list for about $1000.00 per side, the non-heated for about $100.00 each. Speedy, here on H4O can get the heated glass at a big discount. In Texas the heated come in handy for the fog build up on the inside of the glass because the defroster is marginal.

crank

The Master Blaster!
Thanks 3Hummers. I hope I don't get hit but you know how it is. It's most likely gona happen.
I did some reading up on this plastic sheet that covers the windshield. When a rock hits it, it barely makes a chip. It cost is a little high but most of it is the install fee. You can't do it yourself. You need special tools I hear. If it works, it's well worth the coin!

Kevin Murphy

Probationary Member
Looking for the Heated L and R PN: R6011900 (R6010237) and R6011899 (R6010235) Price with Shipping to 60629 .. Please and Thank You!

Green 1

Matty Patty Pookie Bear
If you do not want the heated any glass shop can cut them . You can even get the tinted. Like David said about 100 a side and no waiting

Jeremy

My H3 windshield was hit by two rocks on the highway in less than 6 months. 1 chipped it. the second one cracked it :gaah: