• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

HID Headlights & LED Tail lights

hummer3

My TrailBlazer had HID headlights and the H2 not having HIDs is killing me! Does anyone have HIDs in their H2? I can't decide if I just want to get the HID kit like I had in the TB or if I should get something like the Sylvania Xenarc or these Deltas http://www.teakatoys.com/HUMMER_H1_H2_H_I_D_High_Low_Headlight_Replacement_p/del-01-1149-hid2.htm .... Any suggestions??

And I'm also looking at LED tail lights... Does anyone have these http://www.ebay.com/itm/03-09-Hummer-H2-LED-Tail-Lights-Rear-Brake-Lamps-Smoke-Assembly-LH-RH-Pair-New-/280774797814?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Model%3AH2&vxp=mtr&hash=item415f7b69f6
Any info on them?

[__--MUD--__]

HIDcomparison.jpg

old-highs-flashoff.jpg

HID-low-flashoff.jpg

Starr HID kit on my H2... They are badass.

[__--MUD--__]

Someone was doing projector HID kits, looked almost like my Starrs- on one of the forums begenning of summer. They were alot cheaper. It wasn't on this forum, possibly the "other" forum...but it might of been elcova or hummerforums to. I"m thinking they were like $250-300.

crank

The Master Blaster!
I have HID headlights on my H2 and they are awesome. They are at 4300K color. That was the closes to the OEM color to me. It makes all of the difference in the world! 3 times brighter and they say it lasts longer. Super easy to install! One thing to check is the cable that is supplied. The H2 wiring for high/low beams are different. You will need to swap two wires on the cable supplied. Let me know when you do it and I'll show you the wiring. EASY!

hummer3

I have HID headlights on my H2 and they are awesome. They are at 4300K color. That was the closes to the OEM color to me. It makes all of the difference in the world! 3 times brighter and they say it lasts longer. Super easy to install! One thing to check is the cable that is supplied. The H2 wiring for high/low beams are different. You will need to swap two wires on the cable supplied. Let me know when you do it and I'll show you the wiring. EASY!
Do you just have the plug & play kit or something with different headlight housings?

Mb30sdl

Hamster that pokes Bears
I have HID kit up front. It was "plug and play " kit (~$120, 10K power), but I lost HI beams. Now 2 years later 1 of ballasts is out. So the moral is make sure kit will do HI and LOW beams, otherwise they are awesome.

Almost ALL of my lights are LEDs, and I highly recommend them. I don't have any picks with them but they are extremely bright.

crank

The Master Blaster!
Make sure you buy the Bi-Xenon kits. It's more but it works great!
Mine were plug and play. I bought 3 different complete plug&play kits (different colors to try them out) and each kit was the same problem. My H2 has H/L lamps that are 9007. Every kit I ordered I asked for a 9007 bulb plug&play kit. When the kit came and I installed them, the high low would not work. It would light but no high/low. I did some research on the internet and found other people having the same problem. The kits will work for a 9007 or 9004 bulbs. 9007 and 9004 has the same pug but the pins are different. (I tried to upload a diagram but dont think it worked). Google 9004 vs 9007 pinout.
I had to swap two wires for it to work correctly. Every kit was the same. I checked my vehicle pinout and it was wired for a 9007 bulb so I knew that was correct. Remember, swap the wires on the kit not the vehicle wires. This way, you can go back.
Try your plug and play and if the high low doesn;t work, then swap the harness wires.
Let me know if you need help with that.

Do you just have the plug & play kit or something with different headlight housings?

[__--MUD--__]

I would look for a kit that uses the factory bulb plugs as triggers for the ballasts, and requires a new power feed.

I've seen a number of kits melt/crumble OEM headlight wires.

hummer3

Thanks for the help guys, I don't know what I'm going to do yet. I had a set of Sylvania Xenarcs on ebay for around $80... But I got outbid at the last second. I have to get shocks before anything else though!