• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Comming soon street legal Humvees

RamRod

Haven't seen it yet.... was checking some auctions out online the other day wondering get if they would let me cross the boarder with it or not...??

H3HummerLineX

To my knowledge these are for off road use only and can't be registered for highway use. You have to submit papers stating the porous and use of the vehicle and sign docs stating that you will not use on the highway. I checked :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RamRod

To my knowledge these are for off road use only and can't be registered for highway use. You have to submit papers stating the porous and use of the vehicle and sign docs stating that you will not use on the highway. I checked :(

You must not have read the full article posted then huh.... It talks about changing the rules so that they can be used on the street, including the ones that have already been sold

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

5gn-h3t

There are at least a few states that you can currently register these in. It isn't 100% legit and you could have your registration revoked but it is currently possible. Basically, it goes against the paperwork you swore to with the federal government but the state laws are all abided by, so you get a title and plate.

H3HummerLineX

I do apologize for my inaccuracy on the Fox update, I was reading the actual waiver and hold harmless agreement that you must sign when you buy the vehicle stating that buyer acknowledges that the Humvee is not roadworthy and agrees that it is for off-highway use only. It will be great if that changes. Sign me up!!! Then have to deal with good old California smog regulations. Ugh

Last edited:

Panzer07

Man that's is some great news...however I'll wait till I get one let all the old one and beat up humvees be purchased lol and get some of the newer one in a year or two

Torres

Panzer07

Come on, you know the new ones with 1000 miles or less on them are already beat to crap

True now imagine the 10 + years one lol...as soon as my contract is over I'm reclassing to mechanic lol...learn to work on this bad boys for "free".

Torres

abearden

Would be awesome if I had the dough laying around. Perfectly legal to plate many "offroad" vehicles then run them on the road here in Idaho.