• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

2004 Land Rover Discovery G4 edition

ajk150

Ok guys, i know i was on here a while back talking about a new 4runner. Well that fell through. I ended up going back to land rover again for another car. With the departure of the Hummer H1, this is one of 3 cars that came out of the deal. This is a 2004 Land rover Discovery, it also happens to be a G4 challenge edition. Only 200 of these vehicles were made available in the USA in 2004.

There isn't much different between these cars and the standard Discovery. The whole concept of the G4 Challenge was a promotion challenge to show of how well Land rover handled off road. So more the most part these cars are completely stock, with the exception of a series of exterior protection upgrades, and its bright orange :). Each one was customizable to what the customer wanted at the time with a series of modifications.

This vehicle was originally bought as an promotional vehicle for a land rover dealership in New york in 2004, then in 2005 was sold to a fellow in Connecticut who garaged it and drove it on weekend. This vehicle is in great condition with none of the usually leaks or wear of typically Discovery's of its age.

This car came with a front A-frame bar, two aux. hella lights. Rear ladder and rear light guards. Also the previous owner put Sat. radio in it as well as an upgraded stereo system (don't worry i don't have a huge sub box in the trunk lol).
Also new for the 2004 model was a central locking differential.

Sorry for the poor picture quality, but these are cell phone pics from the night the car was bought.

Paterson-20111102-00110.jpg

Paterson-20111102-00112.jpg

Paterson-20111102-00111.jpg

Paterson-20111102-00114.jpg

I've already bought a snorkel for it, as well as a roof rack and front and rear aux. light.
photo.jpg

photo-1.jpg

Hopefully by monday i will have more pictures for you.
I plan on putting a small, maybe 2 inch lift on it as well. This car will remain my Daily Driver, so i don't want to take away to much from how the car drives now with a huge lift. I also in the work of getting another set of wheel from a fellow who totaled his Disco in my area. So i'll probably end up putting M/T's on that set of rims. As well as that i am also looking at a set of rock rails and a more underbody protection. Still more upgrades to come in the future, so stay tuned.

Last edited:

08SolarFlareH3

Super Swampers
Great looking Discovery, I love the color. I got to see a bunch of Land Rovers (and Disco's) at the Hampton in Pine Grove (Raush Creek) this weekend. I even have a couple pics of them :wink:

ajk150

Great looking Discovery, I love the color. I got to see a bunch of Land Rovers (and Disco's) at the Hampton in Pine Grove (Raush Creek) this weekend. I even have a couple pics of them :wink:
Do you happen to know if they were with a club or something? I'm having a hell of a time trying to find an actual group that off roads, every forum i come by that is just Land Rovers is an informational forum.

08SolarFlareH3

Super Swampers
Do you happen to know if they were with a club or something? I'm having a hell of a time trying to find an actual group that off roads, every forum i come by that is just Land Rovers is an informational forum.
They were a group. There was atleast 6 at the Hampton when I left and I saw another 2 or 3 on the road. As 4speedfunk put it, it was Rover-fest. I talked to one of the guys while waiting for CJ and they were heading to Rausch Creek in the morning. Sorry but I couldn't tell you what club or forum it was. You can try Pirate 4x4 and Expedition Portal

ajk150

Hans3T

Lif"T"ed
1 of 200?! I'd be scared to wheel it! ;)

Lookin' good though -- that color is great!