• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

uwhirre national forest hiking trail feb.22-23 pics

spillKill

So I just did my first over night hiking trip with a few friends out at uwhirre. Had alot of fun but def. gave me some insight on some other stuff i might want to bring next time!
we started on sat. morning got up at about 5am and drove from Greenville NC to Uwhirre about a 3hr. drive, not bad at all, got there around 9 (we stopped for food).
we thought we were going to be the only ones there but man there was a few people there but most of them took the Dutchman Creek trail (easier) but we did pass a few people on trail.
what we did was hike in until dark and then set up came and hike back. it was about 20miles. We want to do the whole uwhirre trail next time. If anybody wants to tag along that would be great, have a little hummer convoy to the trail head.
anyways here are a few pics I got.

I would have some more but my photobucket doesn't want me to upload anymore pics for some reason! haha

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
I miss having woods, streams, etc. Looks like a good time. My last good hike was a while ago - to the bottom of the Grand Canyon and back up. First half is really easy.

chad

I may be in next time. Gonna be gone for 6 weeks on Monday but maybe sometime when I get back. I went there a few weeks ago just for a short camping trip. Kinda nice there but bigger mountains would be nice.