• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

UP of Michigan wheeling trip?

Woodtick

They don't have the Sat it April picked out yet. It's snow pending. LES can really stack up in that area. As of right now,there is only 4' with a 2' base on the trail. For those who haven't snow wheeled,snow texture is a lot like mud.

4speedfunk

A local (Indianapolis) guy got killed last week while riding his sled in the UP. Some sort of accident. It made papers here....did u hear anything?

Woodtick

It happened 30 miles west of my camp. I wasn't up there but my buds were. High speed and alcohol don't mix. This is the second or third fatality in that area this year. I think the guy your referring to was only 38. They think he was going around 100 mph when he fell off the sled. The sled traveled a long way from were he was found. It's still under investigation. It was out side the town of Ewin MI.

MTUH3

Just got back from a UP sled trip. A family from Minnesota bought a cabin down the road from me. Very nice group of people who happen to own a Big off road shop. We have been invited to make a local run this April. The run is from the town of L'ance to Big Bay. This is an annual event and approx 10 rigs show up. They said anything less that 33 a/t will be advised not to come. Expect snow, mud, rock, and sand. We would spend the night in Big Bay,this run takes all day. 4 low locked from one end to the other. Any intrest?

L'ance to Big Bay will be fun. Back in 2009 my wife and I made the trip from Big Bay to L'ance. Also a lot of good trails up the K.P. Mandan Loop and heading out to High Rock Bay.

I won't be able to make it this year, but may be some other time.