• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Tree lubbers in Moab!

Scarsman

Sponsor
This is his first time talking video like this, so look forward to more and then getting better. He figured he wants to try some lower angles next time and a few different different things next time. We weren't able to get any air footage at Hell's Revenge because there was crazy wind that day. The bird does really well with wind, but it had its limits! At Moab Rim just as he was done and went to land the wind started whipping into and up the cliff and he had a heck of a time bringing it in!

Scarsman

Sponsor
Here is aerial footage of us coming down Devil's Crack. At the start of it they are carrying the quad copter with the camera in the powered up gimbal, so the camera is level. Shows how steep the slope is in spots! Once they put it up in the air, wind was picking up and he was fighting the wind pretty hard. I still think he did a pretty good job. I think my favorite shots are at about 3:10 and 3:45. 3:45 really gives perspective for where the trail is!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TiCszs-jOZc

Scarsman

Sponsor
You can see him at times sitting cross legged on the ground. He set it up with FPV so he was flying by looking at a monitor he mounted to the controller and seeing what the GoPro was seeing.

Bigunit

Hammer Down!
Staff member
Can we go back?

Somehow on the video it doesn't look like it's 110-115 degrees out there!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Scarsman
Meet us there in April for BSHS week and we will run that trail again as well as a few others.

Woodtick

My wife isn't much of a camper,do some of you hotel it? It's a long ride from Chicago, that's the only thing holding me back. 19 hour ride for me,I think I'm going to start planning it.

Last edited: