• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

SPRING OVER H3 Ideas

Hunner

Ok so here it is again. Everybody add what you want. None of the pictures have identification as to who took them, in an EXIF file. I did not take the ones of the white H3 that was in Moab that was or was not owned by GM. The word I got was it was the mule for a possible Moab Edition. A couple of people have said they took some of them and can claim them if they want. They have been on at least 3 forums and in various places on the internet. It was my understanding this was out in public in Moab and on some trails. A guy that runs an off-road shop here even had some pictures he took to show me but they were not so great.
Whatever here is some of it, showing one idea.
http://www.hummerpedia.org/hummer-and-sema-2009-bring-you-h3-moab-edition
Here is what I also had posted in Hans thread
I think those last shots were the GM unit that showed in Moab and Sewie and Speedy shot some of those as did apparently some other people. I have a bunch of those saved. Still have the shocks exposed so would have to make some modded Hunner skids anyway!:shifty:
I always wondered what kept them from reversing the ubolts. Might be something.
It seems they wanted to use as much OEM stuff as possible. I lightened them and sharpened.
Hummer_Moab_12.jpg

Stock, well without the skid
3782.jpg

Hummer_Moab_05.jpg

So anybody got more info they would like to share with all of us openly or start a thread on any different approaches to this type of conversion?

Last edited:

08SolarFlareH3

Super Swampers
I got a ton of pictures of that white H3, I can post them up if you want. The owner works for GM and lives in MI. I'm sure some of the Michigan members have some pictures of it as well. The pictures I posted in the other thread were from MOAB at took by Bebe, Neo, or Sewie.

How about a poser shot?
13961_202472571307_150846736307_3003932_3999404_n.jpg

There was also a black one but I have only seen 2 or 3 picture of that one

Last edited:

cgalpha08

"Like Nothing Else"
Did the moab concept or white gm H3 have adjusted pinion angles? And/or a longer driveshaft?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
I am seriously contemplating this and a few other options...no matter what I do the time to do it will be mid/late june. The entire family is going to NY for a few weeks in june to visit friends and fam but I am probably staying here due to work so having 3 other cars available to me while they are gone I can throw the H3 on jackstands and have a few weeks to get it done and work all the kinks out.

Would I use stock spring hangers? stock springs? I am not afraid to weld to an axle...just afraid of setting the pinion angle correctly, if I **** up will I get axle wrap and ride quality.

It would be nice to get rid of those big hangers but that also creates more room for error.