• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Site Maintenance results - Forum Runner app and a couple of other fixes.

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
We completed the site maintenance this morning, upgrading from vBulletin version 4.1.11 to 4.2.0 and included all available security patches. We were able to address a couple of small errors from before and add one new feature. Thank you for your patience while the site was down.

New feature:
  • Forum Runner. This is another smartphone app like Tapatalk that is available on iPhone and Android. You can now access the forum on mobile phones via Tapatalk, Forum Runner and vBulletin's own mobile interface. Forum Runner is a paid app (we do not get that revenue).

Fixes:
  • User Reputation, those little green squares under your user name, disappeared in our last upgrade. We got 'em back
  • Script errors. I get emailed regarding a few errors each week. Nothing that seriously impacts the performance of the site but still something that should be addressed so we took this opportunity to fix those errors.
  • Litany of other things. vBulletin is always working on fixes and there are probably 40+ other behind the scenes fixes that may or may not have a direct impact on our daily work but it's good to know they are keeping up on this product.
  • Style errors. There were a few small upgrade errors on the last upgrade that seem to be fixed.

And for your piece of mind, please know that we do regularly back up this site and I have those backups stored on at least three different computers, in different states, so if if the SHTF we'll be able to get our data back up and running in a reasonable time.

Last edited:

abearden

Upgrades are good!

And for your piece of mind, please know that we do regularly back up this site and I have those backups stored on at least three different computers, in different states, so if if the SHTF we'll be able to get our data back up and running in a reasonable time.

http://xkcd.com/705/

So, if SHTF and we can cobble together an internet from pieces of wire bubble gummed together, H4O will be the one site still online? I'm okay with that.