• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Plasti Dip questions?

ReconH3

Guardian Angel
I just found out they have Plasti Dip in tan!!!! That just opened a whole new can of worms. :D Plasti Dip is supposed to be a form of plastic/rubber spray. Sort of like bed liner spray. Is it "rubbery" or more like hard plastic? The reason I ask is because I want to coat all the rubber trim around the windows. If the paint is rubber based it should stick well to the rubber trim. If it's more a hard plastic paint, it may not work out. Any help from experienced Plasti Dippers would be greatly appreciated. TIA!

cgalpha08

"Like Nothing Else"
Also if you go to dipyourcar.com they will answer a lot of questions you may have, and they have a lot of how to videos as well as gallon jups of plasti dip.

Humvee21

I actually thought it was very similar to powdercoating. I only saw plastidip once and that was on this guy's 1980's Lotus that plastidipped his wheels for about 2 weeks. They felt very similar to powdercoat and had texture to it. I was not too fond of the grayish looking color, but I did find plastidip has a glossifier to make it look glossy.

Scarsman

Sponsor
I would agree with the rubbery over plastic feel. I'll be posting an update on my grill soon. It does not handle brush rake well.

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk

cgalpha08

"Like Nothing Else"
I'm going wheeling tomorrow for the first time since painting my fenders with the plasti dip. ill post up how they handle against some brush rake.

Scarsman

Sponsor
I'll try and take some pics of mine tomorrow. The brush rake shows up quite well, and doesn't rub out. I have some spots where it even tore through.

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk

cgalpha08

"Like Nothing Else"
Well after examining the plasti dip after wheeling, none of it really came off. There were already a couple of chips from rocks on the road, but i am pleased with how well it held up against the brush from the woods.

TAPDH3T

Anyone use this on the chrome brush guard or Side steps?
before
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363022290.721441.jpg
After
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363022321.940419.jpg

TAPDH3T

Holding up really well.. Change the tone of the truck completely. Easy fix with just two cans of spray... Plus if it ever needs replaced just peel and do it again..