• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

P0449 code

H3Hummer

Just got that p0449 code today.... hmmm hope that it's just a hose comming loose and not that dump canister or EGR
Changed my fuel injetors a few weeks ago, maybe i forgot to tighten a hose ..
Someone got that code once?

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
I looked it up, it looks like it's the little cup in the evap system. It isn't the entire canister but the cylinder next to the canister

H3Hummer

Yep, i think so. Just checked the hose today and everything is ok so far....order already done for the purge valve and the canister vent solenoide valve

H3Hummer

2 different items, you have the canister purge valve , which is lockate under your intake manifold and the EVAP Vapor Canister Vent Solenoid Valve , which is at the back of the truck, near the gas tank.

1702407639946.png
1702407589300.png
1702407639946.png

1702407589300.png

Happy Hummer

Been here done this lol! Twice so far. Heres a write up I did a while back ago.

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
The reason I was asking questions earlier about one piece or two pieces to the system is because I have one on order. The part I ordered is the cup looking thing attached to the canister by the rear axle As the saying goes, "let sleeping dogs lie" I have not touched my evap system once. It is probably one of the few things I haven't touched.

Anyways, doing the rear 3 link suspension, I had to remove it and relocate it. I disconnected it and put it in the trunk for a few weeks while I finished the project. I relocated it and hooked it back up and got the P0449.

I checked the wiring, hoses, etc. It is all good. It didn't like getting touched lol mine should be here in a few days. I am assuming the code is coming from the one by the rear axle and not by the engine because I didnt touch that one. I will report back when its swapped out.

H3Hummer

So P0449 code is history ;), got the Vapor Canister Vent Solenoid Valve and the Canister Purge valve today. After changing the Canister Vent Solenoid and testing it out,no more error codes on dash and on OBD reader.
Did not change the Canister purge valve yet, but may do this when the weather ist better ....I think it's better to change both.
It was an 20 minutes job, just a 13mm wrench key , some WD40 degrip and 2 little flat srew drivers. I first loose the C clamp on the Solenoid hose and then the 13mm bolt, it was easier like that cause nothing moved up and down.
After that you can remove a bit the canister out of place to unplug the wire. I put some silicon spray on the canister rails which were covered of rust. There is like a middle finger which you have to lift with the little flat screw driver. Be gentil with the parts , move them left / right and pull a few times, then they will slide out. You don't have to remove the all canister out, just slide it a bit back and you can easy remove the plug and hose !
The new one came with the new wire connecter and new C clips on hose, just plug and play. The cable just plugs in the OEM one , don't try to change anything, just plug it in and it's done.
Fix the 13 mm bold back in place and the job is done.
Here is the old bad boy
Took my H3 for a highway ride after that and no more error codes and check engine light

Attachments

• IMG_2233.JPG
    IMG_2233.JPG
    128.2 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_2232.JPG
    IMG_2232.JPG
    132.1 KB · Views: 31