• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Might buy an H3

Average Guy

Probationary Member
Hey Fellas
I have always wanted a Hummer. I almost bought one back in the day but it was not in my budget back in '08. Now I have the opportunity to buy a low mileage H3 Alpha at a reasonable price. The truck is in great shape but I'm concerned that finding replacement parts for the next 5-8 years might be hard to come by. And i think the aftermarket parts have moved on from the Hummer line. Can you guys tell me are parts going to be an issue? Am I limited with the mods I can do? I appreciate honest answers fellas.

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
Clearly the aftermarket for H3s has shrunk considerably. There are numerous vendors making offroad performance parts. At some point interior parts and H3 specific parts will become harder to source. They made approximately 250K H3s and about 12K H1s. You can still get most anything you need for an H1 except for interior parts and certain body parts. As supplies of NOS parts dry up aftermarket vendors have been stepping up and making what is in demand. You can still get almost anything you need to restore/rebuild a 65 Mustang or Corvette and they are almost 60 years old. If there is demand and money can be made the market will supply it.