• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Meet my New Horse

Panzer07

How heavy is that bike. Last GS or similar in LLC was constantly bogging down.

Dry weight: 410 lbs with the add one, such as skid plate, crashbars, luggage saddle bags, full 5 gallon tank, etc, easily pushing 500 pounds. Not a light bike by no means nor for everyone, specially if the weight is an issue, yet if you don't mind it and you can swing it, it is totally worth it IMO. I think those GS's we saw at LCC were the 1200 those are around the 550 lbs easily without add ins and stuffs.

Torres

Panzer07

Oh yeah, that's for sure, they all have enduro and plain ole dirt bikes but again, the crew I have rode with are older gents 45-55 year old category, which is perfect for me right now since they have all those years of experience as well, they ride safe and at a comfortable speed for me right since I'm still rookie rider. One of the guys like I said gave props by saying that I was a brave man for taking such a heavy and nice bike out to the trails. Specially since I have no bike riding experience. To which i told him either in brave or too stupid lol, either way I'm here and want to learn to wield and ride this girl good.

Torres

Panzer07

Well last Friday I was messing around the back trails at Pendleton "warming up" for Saturday big bear trip, for fortune or misfortune I had my first off road major accident I got carried away and disrespected the machine, and we'll need less to say I had to pay. I dislocated my right shoulder I was able to pop it back in place, and needless to say it hurt like a mother fvcker. But was able to recover my bike and rode it back and get myself to the naval hospital for assessment.
The bike didn't took much damage the crash bars and skid plate did their job, some scrubbing but nothing some spray paint can can't fix. Bended my shifter but was able to bend it back in place.
bcab6abbe668f74212a4ae67f08e0d5b.jpg

569917e0d0a824495273718d0b0ba486.jpg

d5d697fedc34246459c97b9209030051.jpg

55388084776081b1871f822bdf74fa7e.jpg

6475e97e5af9a149d3bf4f7447170f40.jpg

6662ba9e188f80c4ad8077cdd8c8f12d.jpg

Torres

Scarsman

Sponsor
Looks like the crash bars did their job well! Glad it didn't turn out worse for you!

So what happened? To fast into a gravel corner?

Panzer07

Yeah so was I.
So what happens I was messing around with some of the small mid size mountains and get the feel for it as to getting used to stand up and lean forward when going up hill. Anyways I got pretty confident with those so tried and do a more challenging and bigger one with more obstacles on the way up, loose rocks sand and small rain water slide creeks. Anyways I was about 3/4 up the mountain came to a big patch of rock/sand I start loosing grip so I twist the throttle I tad all of a sudden my front tire bounce on a obstacle rock/small berm which made me twist the throttle even more and so I lost control I fell-slightly thrown off landed on my right side which is what dislocated my shoulder the bike fall on my or at least part of it on right leg knee cap below. It bruised my feet under the ball joint from the ankle to the feet (ain't doctor so idk the name) but I have had that happened before several times when rolling my ankles ruck marching. Anyways I got up and fell the pain right away and my arm just hanging like a broken wing which I thought it was broken first but after poking a little I decided it wasn't since I seen my share of dislocated shoulders from down of my buddies who skate and couple of soldiers. Anyways got that sucker back in the socket no need try and hide I did had couple tears scape my eyes. But Anyways **** happens !!

Torres

Panzer07

Now that I have some minor scrub damage on the left side of the bike's panel's I think the camo paint job might be coming in sooner than expected. Forest Flecktarn camo pattern.
a53d5927dce51fa0942d98f970f3e90b.jpg

Torres

Panzer07

Well just about to hit 6,000 miles and service should be due then...$230 bucks for it...I guess after having them do the first service I'm investing in the maintenance manual...so I do the service myself...$230 every 4k miles or so will get tiring pretty fast...specially when the routine maintained is just an oil filter and oil change inspecting some bra torque, battery, break pads, fluid levels, just the basics. I guess that the down side of owning a BMW lol specially if u aren't mechanically incline which I'm not expert but I can get around if not YouTube and Google has the answers.

Torres

Panzer07

Made my first long road trip to Utah about 1,200 miles round trip in about 26 hrs...went up to pick up the 4:1 T-case I bought from chocflip201 and the front skid plate he gave me...over all a good trip got rained on and hailed on...learnt a lot as I go, overall a good trip tiring but good...
The GS all loaded up minutes after arriving and meeting with choc.
68860987213cab7f7fbce84e601872b3.jpg

Finally once I got home, a better pic of it.
676d26937a190deb6e634d01607e3514.jpg

Torres

Panzer07

Also manage to earn myself a small blister from holding to the throttle for that many miles. Haven't got one since I was in my mid teenage years
3ffc11d4255b979b765267cd4ef95dcb.jpg

Torres

Panzer07

Just logged my first 10,000 miles so far still alive with only one off-road accident. I'm sitting at 12,000 miles and my rear tires should be needing a replacement in the next 1,000 miles or so, as well I'd be performing my first ever motorcycle services, after picking up the service and repair maintenance disc, a bit nervous and excited at the same time.
8ac7490a125106ad9bc09354aceaa621.jpg

Torres

Panzer07

Had my first flat/blown tire yesterday at 14+K miles. That was some scary scheiße, luckily I was going that fast. So manage to keep the bike straight and stop, it would of been terrible if I'd have lost control since my wife was ridding with me. And we were coming back from the gym so really no protective gear, gym is 2/3 miles away from home.
e9803f7a54819c0523dc0bf69f24841c.jpg

Let me tell you having to semi lift and push a god damn 500+ LBS of German Muscle Machine for 2 miles is not fun...at all.

Torres