• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Just a day out

Scarsman

Sponsor
We decided to load up the kids and the dog and just take off for the day. Nothing serious, just a day driving around exploring. We drove the Mountain Loop Highway, which goes up over a pass. It is in an old timber/mining area. Explored a few Forest Service roads along the way. Found some snow for a little fun. Enough to have to put it in 4lo for a bit. It was rainy and cloudy, but we still got some amazing views. Didn't veture into the rain for too many pictures, but here is what we got.

DSCN2416.jpg

DSCN2417.jpg

DSCN2418.jpg

DSCN2419.jpg

DSCN2420.jpg

DSCN2421.jpg

DSCN2422.jpg

DSCN2423.jpg

Like I said, not much for pictures. This was the only time it sort of slowed down on the rain! We finished the day with a stroll through the new Cabelas they just built here. :thumbs:

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
It's always a good day when you can get out! Thanks for the pictures

Sent from my VS910 4G using Tapatalk 2

Scarsman

Sponsor
I was thinking of putting together a day trip sight seeing run in this area in the next month or so, if there would be any interest in it. There's not really anything technical or hard. Just lots of forest service roads and some great views of the mountains and rivers. Also tons of hiking trails if anyone likes hiking.