• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Indian Country II

DaveK

I would like to extend an invitation to join us on one of our annual expeditions. The title for this trip is a little misleading. While we will be spending time on the Navajo Nation, much of the time will be on public land. The goal of the trip, as always, is to visit little known places that either offer spectacular scenery or a cultural education, (or both), using 4WD. The trip will take place on both Navajo land and public land. I should also be clear that a great deal of the trip will concentrate on the unparalleled scenery that Northern Arizona and Southern Utah offer. These two goals will take us on a two week trip covering several distinct locations, listed below.

Follow this link for trip details, sign up and a final itinerary.

Trip Details:

1. Dates - Monday May 26, 2014 through June 8, 2014.

2. Vehicle limit - 6

3. Vehicle requirements - high clearance 4 wheel drive. The trails will be easy to moderate.

4. Itinerary: - Alstrom Point (Lake Powell) - Water Holes Cyn - Navajo Natl Monument (Keet Seel) - Valley of the Gods - Dark Canyon - Beef Basin - Fable Valley - Natural Bridges National Monument - Hunt’s Mesa - Coal Mine Cyn - Canyon de Chelly

NOTE: I have arranged or will be arranging for all of the camping and hiking permits for Indian land. The hiking and camping fees are very modest. I have also arranged for a guide for a total of 4 (possibly 5) days for the visit to Hunt's Mesa and Canyon de Chelly. Guide fees will be approximately $80.00 per day per person. Non Navajo may not travel beyond the main roads without a Navajo guide or permit.

Follow this link for trip pictures, trip details, sign up and a final itinerary.

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
This sounds like a blast. A little too close to the Moab trip for me to make it but should be a great trip report coming from this one.