• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Hi all .Questions from a newbie

JPaul

Ha, i read too quickly, didn't see you talking about doing that exact same thing, just read it as people just pulling it out completely. I need sleep, this engine rebuild combined with too much work at work is killing me.

amrg

If you're talking about the duct that goes from the air box into the fender, I wouldn't pull something like that out. Part of its job is to seal the inlet to the fender wall to prevent pulling in air from the hotter engine bay, and then with the design of the inlet it's shaped to provide a smooth path for air to flow in. Taking it out can introduce not only hot air from the engine bay, but also turbulence that could actually restrict the airflow, especially at higher RPM.

Now if you replaced the inlet from the I5 with one from the V8, you'd be cooking with gas. :)
Just for discussion sake, i once had that fender to airbox connector piece fallout, and I remember my gas mileage dropped like a rock. The fuel level needle drop was very quick and noticeable I knew something was wrong and it turned out that after adding an airdoc I didnt fix that piece properly and it disconnected itself

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk