• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Greetings from North Idaho! "Service 4 Wheel Drive" hummer H2

witznd

Probationary Member
Just introducing myself and trying to figure out how to post a new thread--so I'll post here. I have an 08 Hummer H2 and yesterday I tried to turn on my 4 wheel drive. I got a error message "Service 4 wheel drive". Arggg, snow and ice and NO 4 wheel drive. Come to find out it was a fuse. In my under the hood box it was relay #58. Replaced it and BAM, 4 wheel drive works perfectly! So, I hope this helps someone who sees that same error message. :)

MilamJR

Welcome from Alabama. I have a H2 also. Glad to hear that you were able to find and repair the problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

witznd

Probationary Member
2008 Hummer h2 SERVICE $ WHEEL DRIVE

Just introducing myself and trying to figure out how to post a new thread--so I'll post here. I have an 08 Hummer H2 and yesterday I tried to turn on my 4 wheel drive. I got a error message "Service 4 wheel drive". Arggg, snow and ice and NO 4 wheel drive. Come to find out it was a fuse. In my under the hood box it was relay #58. Replaced it and BAM, 4 wheel drive works perfectly! So, I hope this helps someone who sees that same error message. :)

Oddly, almost on the same day, 2 years later, 4 wheel drive goes out with message--SERVICE 4 WHEEL DRIVE. Drove to my local auto parts store, ask them the check the PINK fuse. They said, looks good. I bought a new one, replaced it (58 under the hood) and BAM, once again, 4 wheel drive works.