• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Future H3 owner from Massachusetts

Gnammour

Probationary Member
Messages
2
Location
Methuen, MA
Hello guys, I might be buying a 2006 H3. I think it does have the adventure package in it, but my main concern is the power coming out of the 5 cylinder 3.5 Liter engine. If I was to do some major upgrades and off roading. Do you guys think this engine has what it takes to handle Climbing or mudding, and would going with an automatic transmission be smart as well ? I am not too familiar with the hummer, but I have always loved them and I can finally afford this one. Let me know what you guys think please, I would greatly appreciate some honest feedback!!
 

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
Messages
10,530
Location
Central Texas
The 3.5L with the Adv Pkg has plenty of torque for wheeling, climbing rocks, etc. it is a little light on horsepower for towing, etc
 

CaddyStrophic

Well-Known Member
Messages
413
Location
United States
As someone that owned a 2006 and recently sold it to purchase an Alpha, save yourself the disappointment and find an Alpha in your price range. I paid $13,500 for an '06 two years ago. It was a gorgeous H3, but it simply did not have enough power. When you test drive one, drive it for a while. Find some steep hilled roads, and you'll see what I am saying.
 

Gnammour

Probationary Member
Messages
2
Location
Methuen, MA
Thank you guys, for the feedback. I appreciate it, I work at the dealership the H3 is being sold at, I am gonna give it some time and not rush into the purchase. But I am still considering the Truck it has 87000 miles and being sold for $12k so I might give it some time to see if the price will drop soon.
 
Top