• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

air cleaner indicator

Hunner

Alpha started hesitating and would not accelerate. Did not show limp mode. First thought was tranny may be going. Got home and checked the indicator and the rubber reset button looked melted and distorted. Air cleaner did not really look dirty. So I put in a new filter, problem solved. Auto Zone nor O'reillys had one.
Amazon for $16. GM $65 hmmm. Look the same quality. Ordered a new one just because the filter did not look dirty but apparently was. So the little device helped solve the mystery. Currently running without it but will replace for ease of checking filter condition. Off to the boonies.............

Ghostbuster

Yeah don’t trust those indicators. It isn’t that hard to open the air box up a look at the filter anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hunner

I was not dressed to work on hot engine in 110 heat index. It takes some time to get mine off and on correctly. The litte thing was correct but at 98,000 has reached end of life.

Hunner

Spoke too soon. Torque converter seems more likey now after it warmed back up. Flat bed hauling it to friends shop. If that is the issue we are going to stuff upgraded parts in there. Maybe It will go another 100,000. Hope I can get to see that.

atvspeed4

How many miles on yours? Our alpha is at 155k and has been hesitating off and on when driving on the highway. We confirmed it was the torque converter but waiting out until it gets a little worse to buy us time for a full transmission swap

rascole

150k is a good time to consider the tranny and converter for issues. 4l60E is good but is not great from the factory.

H3V8

Do you happen to have a link to the amazon one you purchased for the alpha?

Hunner

How many miles on yours? Our alpha is at 155k and has been hesitating off and on when driving on the highway. We confirmed it was the torque converter but waiting out until it gets a little worse to buy us time for a full transmission swap

98,000 plus, mine started shifting harder when I was merging but fluid level was ok. Then I smelled it. Burnt. better not wait you may be stranded when it goes.

We checked some sites claiming upgraded versions but soon started to see walking down the parts shelves they were showing stock parts and claiming better ones? Hmm. then some flowery wording for things that my friend's shop said were standard procedure for them. They are going to do a few tweaks but not much. If I get another 98,000 I'm good with that.
I looked into a double deep pan, about 3 more quarts but clearance may be a problem with my Knight full skid. Finned aluminum, not painted is what I was thinking. Not sure the regular capacity would make much difference. The Alpha has a formed in side for the drive shaft. Not sure if the sites I looked at that listed the tranny would work on the H3. Decided to wait on that.
Also used a spare stock cross member for the transfer I had stuck back. Also a side mount which required removing the cv which had a torn boot anyway and stuck in a new one I had.
I should have it together by Tuesday.