• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Adding oem rear locker

DJinCO

If your not airing down on trails, save yourself $2k, spend $60 on some deflaitors and around $100 on a quick compressor and you will increase you capabilities way more and not be spending nearly as much

Plus, gravel road when aired down are so smooth!

Sent from handheld smoke signal device

Hmmm. Good point. I have never had a situation where I needed the rear locked to get out. My coworker says that a locker keeps from having tire spin and having to use momentum to get over obstacles. Of course he does not wheel a HUMMER, he has a Toyota.
All good advice.

RamRod

Running a lower tire pressure also helps keep the wheels from spinning too much too

I'd start there then if you need a locker after that

Highatop

Running a lower tire pressure also helps keep the wheels from spinning too much too

I'd start there then if you need a locker after that

I think, Thats the first step too. I also have done some Q an A... and an Elocker on its own, either hi or low, is our best bet or thats what I'm leanin toward. We have a choose, not like OEM rigs. Also w/ my 06 base, I do want an 4:1 TCase. But right now, my TCase still works. So, rear locker would be first. Unless my TC goes, then it will be a 4:1. If it aint broke yet, why replace it, unless you got the $.

Keep us posted an good luck... Also, Lets meet up this season... I still haven't done Wheeler Lake yet

DJinCO

I think, Thats the first step too. I also have done some Q an A... and an Elocker on its own, either hi or low, is our best bet or thats what I'm leanin toward. We have a choose, not like OEM rigs. Also w/ my 06 base, I do want an 4:1 TCase. But right now, my TCase still works. So, rear locker would be first. Unless my TC goes, then it will be a 4:1. If it aint broke yet, why replace it, unless you got the $.

Keep us posted an good luck... Also, Lets meet up this season... I still haven't done Wheeler Lake yet

are you going to install the locker yourself of take it somewhere? Predator 4x4 seems to be against eLockers. That could be a business point of view only?. I know nothing about 4wheel parts service work.

Highatop

are you going to install the locker yourself of take it somewhere? Predator 4x4 seems to be against eLockers. That could be a business point of view only?. I know nothing about 4wheel parts service work.

I don't think I would be doin the install. I don't have the tools or knowledge. I do have a freind that might do it and help him. If not, it would be a shop. I do hear mixed thoughts on Predator and they are all about the money. When I talked to them about a elocker, they told me about $1500 installed last year.

954paulo

Cj. I was checking out your web page and I can't find the link to the sas parts. I thought I saw them there in the past at some point

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Steve #1

When I was talking to Randy's, they commented that the e-locker is an eaton and that eaton, if you ask them, deny they built it...

What OE vehicles are equipped with the ELocker?
The GM H2 and H3 Hummers have factory Eaton ELocker options.
http://www.eaton.com/ecm/groups/public/@pub/@eaton/@per/documents/content/pct_256591.html

This is where I come for the facts. So please give me some insight.

I have been told that the eLocker is slow to engage, has issues of random engage and disengage when needed.
The 4x4 place says that eLockers are old technology and the ARB is on cutting edge of lockers.
Again, told of the greatness of the ARB product and air leaks are only from "other guys".

Yes, $2415 was more than I was willing to budget for a locker. My need for a locker is to keep me out of trouble. My off-road experience is the weekend excursions of the trails and searching for rocks/stones. I don't really air up/down because it's not that necessary for our type of off-road travels.

Find a new shop. Their prices are high and they are feeding you BS. The air locker is older technology than the e-locker. The e-locker will engage as fast as an electromagnet can and the axle turns maybe 1/10 rotation.

4speedfunk

Cj. I was checking out your web page and I can't find the link to the sas parts. I thought I saw them there in the past at some point

Yeah. I got SAS stuff. I hate my website, and its always six-months behind my latest Frankenstein invention.