• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Extended Bump Stops Available in Australia?

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
Good question. I think you'd need to reach out to Trail Duty directly to see if they can help you.

amrg

Are you sure that part fits? Because if they do then they might be a better alternative than the trail duty ones IF they are progressive rate (the original H3 ones are while the TD aren't)

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Hunner

reply from GM Parts Center using that part number.
We only sell what part came on it from the factory.

amrg

Yes it is, but does it fit?
It states the dimensions as 2.7x2.7x2 while the H3s were different! Anyone have a set of oroginal H3 stops to confirm the size?

Ok I just found a set of 1/2" extended stops I didn't use and measured them,

The base is 2.44" in diameter and the height is 2.75", the middle part is 2" diameter
ea20a40ef0939b855d759c31e375292c.jpg

Last edited:

svxr8dr

Are you sure that part fits? Because if they do then they might be a better alternative than the trail duty ones IF they are progressive rate (the original H3 ones are while the TD aren't)

I am sure that GM Part #15153958 will fit, in fact I'm running them now. I found out thru one of the Facebook H3 Forums. My OEM ones were rotted, which can be seen in the attached picture, and I should add that in the picture the oem bumpstop appears slightly taller because i manipulated it to expose where it had rotted thru, in actuality OEM is 1/2in shorter.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    69 KB · Views: 313
Last edited:

amrg

Great! I think I will diffenetly give those a try!!!

RamRod

I am sure that GM Part #15153958 will fit, in fact I'm running them now. I found out thru one of the Facebook H3 Forums. My OEM ones were rotted, which can be seen in the attached picture, and I should add that in the picture the oem bumpstop appears slightly taller because i manipulated it to expose where it had rotted thru, in actuality OEM is 1/2in shorter.

I ordered a set off of Amazon, I will report back what my experience is with these once I have them installed

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

svxr8dr

Wow I have never seen bumpstops in that condition. I take back everything I said about the rot in mine lol

Blacksky

This is what a flogged out bump stop looks like.
Now that I have levelled the front end it handles like a bag of wet sh*t.

Apparently you have been hitting the speed bumps at the mall waay to fast!

Well, that too.
Here in The Northern Territory we have some very long, very rough corrugated unsealed roads.
To smooth out the ride on the corrugations (I think you guys call it washboard?) have to maintain speed above 80 kph, which means hitting the rough patches, washouts etc, a lot faster than desirable. My shock absorbers are probably stuffed too but they will have to wait. Only done 66,000 km in 10 years but don't know how long the bump stops have been like that. Noticed them when I wound up the T bars.

Blacksky

I have also ordered a pair from Amazon. Will take 4 weeks to get here and will give feedback when fitted.

RamRod

Oh man I remember those long roads full of corrogations... I was in '78 series II landrover 80 kph was not always an option!

RamRod

So I pick up a set of those 15153958 bump stops mentioned earlier.

They popped right in and are in fact 1/2" taller then stock.

One thing I noticed right away is that the rubber is softer (I believe the term is durometer) yet it has less of a "spring" design then our OEM units

I took it for a drive around the block and noticed that the truck seemed to feel more stable in the turns and it feels like there is less nose dive when braking.

I will update this once I get more miles done but so far I think this might be a worth while option for some.

Ps- I have a Rancho lift just for future reference

Pics:
b3cda01fdd0d9e811a7377d7d7ca301f.jpg
51394a28c4dc4fbf940293980007d70a.jpg
c6de59e09c12a64636a02b9acbfbb050.jpg
5d969eb68fc2bddd34a309032d1fd0d8.jpg

classic87

These are the extended correct.. are you interested in selling them if you are not going to use them?

Thanks,
Anthony

Yes it is, but does it fit?
It states the dimensions as 2.7x2.7x2 while the H3s were different! Anyone have a set of oroginal H3 stops to confirm the size?

Ok I just found a set of 1/2" extended stops I didn't use and measured them,

The base is 2.44" in diameter and the height is 2.75", the middle part is 2" diameter
ea20a40ef0939b855d759c31e375292c.jpg

amrg

These are the extended correct.. are you interested in selling them if you are not going to use them?

Thanks,
Anthony
Id give em away for free but shipping is gona be too expensive from Qatar.
I personally will be using the ones Ramrod just tested out...

Blacksky

Finally received the new bump stops and fitted them along with a new set of Old Man Emu shocks. Thanks to the suggestion of svxr8dr I got GM Part#15153958 and they pushed straight in with a bit of wriggling. The nose still dives, so I am thinking they are softer than the OEM stops or the Trailduty ones. They'll have to do for nowNew Front Bump Stop.jpg

Also replaced the rear bump stops which had also rotted out. (one was missing completely)

Old Rear Bump Stop.jpg

New Rear Bump Stop.jpg

Thanks to all those that have contributed, and I will start a new thread on rotten bump stops.