• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

gotta get a extrenal trans cooler before last chance canyon trip!

digglesworth

I used the derale 16503 I think. Not positive on those numbers but it's been working good. Added a thermal bypass to the system too. 06H3 used a 160 degree bypass. Mines 180.... The 160s I found were quite a bit more expensive...

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
Poncho and I are running the same one. Do you plan on completely bypassing the OEM system or integrate it with the stock one? Do you plan to use run a thermostat?

Also do you have a scan gauge to monitor the temps?

JonBishop

Poncho and I are running the same one. Do you plan on completely bypassing the OEM system or integrate it with the stock one? Do you plan to use run a thermostat?

Also do you have a scan gauge to monitor the temps?

I plan on completely getting away from the radiator tank and running the cooler, not really looking to much into a thermostat, and I do plan on getting a scan gauge in the next couple weeks [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

digglesworth

Yeah.... What they said. I'd agree with going bigger. You could always stack another one on top of the first one and double it up. I might do that next summer. I dunno if I have room to go with a larger single unit, unless larger just meant thicker.

Attachments

• IMAG0465.jpg
    IMAG0465.jpg
    614.3 KB · Views: 104
  • IMAG0467.jpg
    IMAG0467.jpg
    501.3 KB · Views: 92

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
my install is ghetto too and the SAS made it worse, now there is nothing for me to hang it off of. I gotta pull the bumper and figure something out. It does work though, I am running MUCH cooler then I ever was.

JonBishop

Came in the mail today[emoji4] now just waiting to get my new thermostat seeing that mine is leaking [emoji35] and all is good [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk