• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Is this normal for a H2

Zach

Mall Crawler
It's out!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430792783.778579.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430792804.779170.jpg

The tech always bitches about my bent to **** UCP. This time I thinks he's glad it's there, it's what's holding the trans up. Engine might be going back in tonight or the am

Zach

Mall Crawler
It had major lifter noise and was burning coolant. Didn't bother to tear it down and find out if it was repairable. They said it was and we could have bored it out. But, didn't want to take the time and risk. Decided to put a reman in it. For what I'm into the whole repair, it was the best choice. Hood went on back on this am and drove it some.

Zach

Mall Crawler
Shouldn't your firewall be some color other than "mud", which I don't believe was a H2 option for your year?

It was an option I added. The undercarriage got pressure washed for a quite awhile the other day. The tech drove it back into the shop and there was still a trail of dirt and huge spot where it got parked. Needless to say the porter who cleans the floors wasn't happy. Said it always happens when my truck is in the shop.

Savethereef

Man my duce is having trouble to. 3 weeks ago I put it into gear and tranny fluid poured out from under the engine. It's been leaking out little by little everyday in parking lot. I don't know if it came from tranny or front transfer case. I know I had some play in my steering wheel. My steering wheel was chocheyed when going straight. Possible something popped out?
Good thing I have a cbr900rr to commute to work

Zach

Mall Crawler
Steering shouldn't have anything to do with it if it is trans fluid. Have you tried crawling under and looking to see where it's coming from?

Savethereef

Well I crawled under it today and found out it was not the tranny. It's the water pump. Guess it's better than tranny. Gonna have to take it to Chris to get the water pump replaced. Gonna start a new thread as I need advise. Thanks

twinmill28

Spilled Milk
Hey Zach---looking for an update, how's your pig running with the reman? Better than before you realized there was a problem, about the same or not as great as you remember?
Not looking for specific numbers as I know you prob got some deals, but will you tell us price wise what to expect when it gets to the point of replacing the engine? Was it a GM authorized reman (does that exist?) or a rebuilt from one of the big companies? Labor costs to have someone do the work? Is everything back in place under the hood and looking like stock, or can you tell the motor's been out? Sometimes you can tell when things aren't strapped back down with original fasteners or wire looms don't look as clean as they should.

I don't want to think about having to go that far with my truck, but the reality is coming down on a lot of H2 owners, I'm not sure there are as many die hard owners that would replace like you vs. sell and move on.

Zach

Mall Crawler
Hey Zach---looking for an update, how's your pig running with the reman? Better than before you realized there was a problem, about the same or not as great as you remember?
Not looking for specific numbers as I know you prob got some deals, but will you tell us price wise what to expect when it gets to the point of replacing the engine? Was it a GM authorized reman (does that exist?) or a rebuilt from one of the big companies? Labor costs to have someone do the work? Is everything back in place under the hood and looking like stock, or can you tell the motor's been out? Sometimes you can tell when things aren't strapped back down with original fasteners or wire looms don't look as clean as they should.

I don't want to think about having to go that far with my truck, but the reality is coming down on a lot of H2 owners, I'm not sure there are as many die hard owners that would replace like you vs. sell and move on.

Running strong! Haven't really gotten on it much. Trying to break it in right. Have logged just under 700 miles on it. At 1k change the oil with Mobil-1 again, ran it for 160k. After that it's going wheeling. I went with a Jasper reman, same warranty as GM and around $800 less. As far as labor, can't really comment, I got hooked up. Generally in the shop, it runs 7-8k. I'm well under that, but had most of the parts already for it, kinda anticipated it. Can't tell you the final number. Pm me for that. But happy as hell to be driving it again. And they washed it! Been awhile since the pig had a real bath

twinmill28

Spilled Milk
I'd love to have seen the service bay when it rolled out---probably had to run a street sweeper through a couple of times.

Thanks for the update---my buddy did the same thing when putting motor in his truck, updates while it's out but once it's running you forget to update the thread and tell us how the story ends.

Glad it's back on the road/trails again