• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

may 31

digglesworth

My local club is doing a "meet n greet" trail day in central missouri at a place called potawatomi off road park. There's camping and stuff there. Some folks are camping sat night and wheeling on Sunday. Don't know too much about the park since no one's been. Just thought I'd put it out there to anyone within traveling distance.

digglesworth

the park is fairly inexpensive. $5 per vehicle and $5 per extra passenger. i believe camping is also $5 per night. they dont have a website but can be found on facebook.

rsc

We've been getting pounded with rain for a several weeks and the next week is calling for more. I don't see hardly any videos of Potowatomi that aren't all muddy messes. Let me see if we can break away.

digglesworth

Yeah. Says scattered t-storms here for the next week. I'm not a huge fan of mud... I don't really know what they have in terms of trails and havent seen too many videos about the place.
On a side note, the club usually does a spring jamboree. This year it's looking like it's gonna be a summer jamboree. There's a lot of us voting for it to be at SMORR. You'll definitely have to come over for that...

digglesworth

Even if it's not at smorr, we gotta plan a weekend to get back there. Maybe late summer, early fall when it's cooling down a bit...

rsc

Definitely. You leading the way this time? Late September will be cooling off, don't know if I can wait that long though. I think I may make another trip to Arbuckle with the local club, but it's almost the same length trip in the opposite direction from here (north of Tulsa) as it is to SMORR.

rsc

I just don't like overheating the H3, I can sweat. I'm thinking a standalone, external trans cooler should take the thermal load off the radiator and let it run cooler, I'll have to test it out locally first when it gets hot.

digglesworth

I'm running an external cooler. I had issues with the trans getting up in the 220s once but I was running around all day in 4hi lock. Guy in the group said to run it in 4lo and take some of the strain off the transmission and put it on the transfer case. Temps dropped back to normal pretty fast after that.

poncho1965

I'm running an external cooler. I had issues with the trans getting up in the 220s once but I was running around all day in 4hi lock. Guy in the group said to run it in 4lo and take some of the strain off the transmission and put it on the transfer case. Temps dropped back to normal pretty fast after that.

Agree with this; I'm running cooler and 4lo in hilly terrain, tranny stays at a nice temp[emoji106]

Hunner

How are you guys reading tranny temp, Scan gauge on I-5?

I run 4 low and just go slower. Long winding steep trails here with heat and high humidity really raise the temps in hi. I can hear the fan wind up at times and have rolled down all the windows, shut off the AC and run the heater to bring it down. You can only take off so many clothes in a group run!!! ha ha

Still want to make my hood mod with exhaust fan............

digglesworth

i also use a scangauge. i had to program another feature to read TFT. i was thinking i needed to double up my coolers but really havent had any other issues. i think some aux fans might help things out. wire them to a switch in my cluster to turn on in those extreme cases.