• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

H3 UCP Up Armor System!!!

Scarsman

Sponsor
This is something I have been wanting to make for a long time, and it is finally here! A superior option to the OEM UCP! My Up Armor System is made up of three skid plates that offer additional coverage and incomparable strength over the OEM ladder style components. These skids are made of 3/16" steel plate and have reinforcement ribs on the top side to provide extreme rigidity. They all mount using existing OEM UCP mounting points on the frame. If you have the OEM UCP, you wont even need any hardware. Just unbolt your bent and mutilated stuff and bolt these beasts on!

FEATURES:

• CNC cut 3/16" steel plate
  • Reinforcement ribs on top side to resist upward deflection from impacts
  • Drain slots to allow mud/water to drain out as well as allow heat to disipate
  • More area covered than OEM
  • Raised bolt guards around mounting bolts, sloped to prevent hanging up on them
  • No modification to the truck. No drilling, no cutting, no special tools; Just simple bolt on installation
  • Super cool "HUMMER" name cut in the rear plate
  • Durable thermo-plastic powder coat finish
  • --- Coming soon --- Rancho-lifted compatable front skid!!!

WEIGHT COMPARISON:

• Stock front = 11 lbs
  • KMW front = 32 lbs

• Stock mid-guard = 21 lbs
  • KMW mid-plate = 57 lbs

• Stock rear guard = 15 lbs
  • KMW rear plate = 56 lbs

• Stock total = 47 lbs
  • KMW total = 145 lbs
  • Diference = 98 lbs

PRICE:
Right now it looks like I can do these for $650 per set. It is possible I might be able to do a little better if I was making a big enough batch of them. I am working on getting some estimates for shipping. I am thinking they will probably ship on a standard pallet.

SHIPPING
Based on shipping quotes so far to several locations in the western USA, it looks like shipping will be $150. It is possible this could vary depending on where you are, but so far quotes have been pretty consistent. I'll keep this updated if I get prices to other parts of the country.

This set pictured is the prototype set. After test fitting the design has been improved and the production ones will be a couple inches wider than these, and the front plate will have a little more coverage. I apologize for the poor pictures. I will update with better pictures once I have another set of them made. We were in a hurry to get these on H3slate's truck!

The front guard replaces the front tin skid that protects the differential. Go ahead and try and cave this thing in!

DSCN6182_zps9uvhx5is.jpg

DSCN6185_zpsk22a8v2l.jpg

This is the mid-plate. It's the most boring of the set!

DSCN6186_zpsvkpvxsph.jpg

This is the rear plate, and the one that adds the most coverage over stock.

DSCN6188_zpsllk8ndvw.jpg

The OEM rear guard is only under the transfer case on the passenger side, not all the way across, and stops at the torsion crossmember. This leaves a gap between there and the next crossmember to the rear where you could get hung up on a boulder. Or at the very least you could bang up your crossmember. My rear skid extends to the rear crossmember to bridge this gap. That is the "tail" seen in the pictures. There is a bracket that bolts to the back side of the crossmember where the OEM guard bolted. Then the tail on the skid bolts up to this bracket. Because my skid extends back further than OEM, there are no stock mounting points. Rather than make you drill holes in your frame, I made a saddle bracket that sits over the top of the crossmember, and the skid bolts up to this bracket, basically clamping onto the crossmember. This picture shows the rear bracket bolted to the OEM holes for the rear guard and the saddle bracket hanging on the crossmember, and the next one shows the top side of the skid with the saddle bracket:

DSCN6190_zps7fzxuzzz.jpg

DSCN6188_zpsllk8ndvw.jpg

Here's a side view showing both the rear bracket and the saddle bracket in place on the crossmember:

DSCN6192_zpsjs3jabze.jpg

The bolts for the saddle bracket are recessed for protection.

DSCN6183_zps7r0ixbxu.jpg

All the rest of the bolts have raised guards around them so they don't get destroyed by rocks. The guards are sloped to avoid getting snagged on them while sliding over sharp cornered ledges and rocks.

DSCN6184_zps0v1nw596.jpg

On the driver's side the gas tank skid extends forward to the torsion crossmember, bridging the gap covered by the tail on the passenger side. However, forward of that on the driver's side it is wide open from the transmission crossmember to the torsion crossmember. Here you can really see the added coverage. Especially on the driver's side.

DSCN6180_zps8xwrtaaw.jpg

And here are a few of them installed.

DSCN6196_zpsu4qdjuus.png

DSCN6199_zpsul0g61vn.png

DSCN6197_zpsg5bi07wh.png

DSCN6193_zps3szgnrxj.png

Last edited:

Scarsman

Sponsor
Very nice those pretty stout . Waiting to see what shipping costs will be .

Send me an address and I'll check you specifically.

The cheapest route is going to be truck freight and you guys picking them up at a terminal or having them delivered to a business with a loading dock or forklift. Residential delivery is just crazy!

scoreh3

Ok thanks , I have family in Des Moines Wa and might be making a trip up there with a trailer to pick up some funiture .

scoreh3

Very nice , I just need to see when I have time to make the drive up . This now gives me 2 reasons to make a road trip up from SoCal .

twozero1

That is awesome work. I don't think I'd ever go where I'd need those but hummmmm never know when I have to drive over dividers or other obstacles etc..... That might not be off road.

RamRod

Man those look great!!!!

Cantwait to have proper coverage with the Rancho setup!! I never finished modding the Trans skid to work, now I don't think I ever will need too! ;)

Panzer07

Fvck, I think I just jeez a little...put me down for a set for the rancho setup. Whenever they are first available.
Shipping to 91762.

Torres

Scarsman

Sponsor
I have sent out the info for shipping for all the addresses/zip codes given. I will get back to you guys as soon as I have some info back. Stand by! ...

Scarsman

Sponsor
I'll post up some color choices tomorrow. It may add a little bit to go other than black, but there are a bunch of colors.

High Five H2

how long are you going to make these for? i like them a ton. how about the front skid plate, it looks like it replaces the factory aluminum one, right? does it bolt to the 06-07 bumper or 08 and newer?