• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Photography

Hunner

Still learning and now we have to register them.

Update, closed Vimeo account went up to $70 a year.

Youtube now uploads at 4K

Last edited:

Hunner

Like most technology it's hard to keep up. They launched an upgraded version of the last one, this time it's a Hexacopter.
The FAA also finally revised their rules for flying commercial so looks like in a couple of months I can use this in my Photography business.

This one has follow me and retractable gear as well as many many other options with a 7 inch Android screen.

JPaul

I'd love to get a nice quadcopter. I've been watching videos from Ronny Dahl down in Australia (https://www.youtube.com/user/RonBacardi666) and the last expedition he did he used his drone for a lot of the video, it was pretty awesome. Having one with you while wheeling is a great idea in case you're using less traveled paths and need to find a way through. Or if you just want to take video of the awesome places you are going.

Hunner

Unfortunately "they" have already outlawed flying them in some of the "awesome places" I had planned to fly.
National Parks are out, guess somebody already screwed up somewhere.

With follow me mode it would be great to track my own H3 as I drive in some of the scenic trails.

4Lo-Tank

Unfortunately "they" have already outlawed flying them in some of the "awesome places" I had planned to fly.
National Parks are out, guess somebody already screwed up somewhere.

With follow me mode it would be great to track my own H3 as I drive in some of the scenic trails.
2 people crashed them in yellowstone when they first came out. Thats where the ban started.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Hunner

Getting braver and flew out in the wide open spaces at an altitude of 1405 feet. Welll that was taking off from a mountain that was 1355 ha ha

Hunner

Tricky landing! Apparently the plastic shields the altimeter from the metal so it danced around a bit but finally touched down. Don't think this will be a regular thing.
Maybe build a platform on the roof rack, bigger than the one I have now.

Construction documentation.

Last edited:

Kyle

These shots are amazing! The drone I plan to buy I'll be able to strap a red epic cinema camera to it for some amazing footage!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hunner

I started out when it was the only thing available was to use a GoPro but did not have any control of it once it left the ground.
These little cameras with 4K resolution look great when viewing the full file, especially on a 5K imac 27 inch screen!
They loose some resolution when using Photobucket.

I made a slide show of sorts and some video of this construction site and they play it in the leasing office on a 65 inch 4K led screen.
I guess now it would be a "digital image show" lol

Hunner

It's that moon again 1/30/18. I think I see some lights on? Nikon D850, 80-400mm, VR @400mm, iso 250, F8 1/1000s hand held. DSC_0439en.JPG

abearden

Nice moon shot, Hunner!

Lauren just got a D850, but I don't think she's taken a moon shot since she switched from the D5300 she was running around Moab with. She's got the 200-500 for stuff like that (and almost grabbed a doubler, but the sales guy talked her out of it). I was hoping to get her out to Moab again to run it through its paces, but a management change at a client looks like that's not happening just yet. She rather enjoyed moving to the FX line.

Hunner

Moon shots depend alot on atmospheric conditions. High humidity will sometimes prevent sharp images. Then of course we are moving and so is the moon. This was a moon rise on the 31st but clouds were moving in fast. However check out the detail on the horizon in the upper right. You can see the crater rims sticking up. I use my 80-400 with VR on handheld. This is @400mm but I also enlarged it some.DSC_0528-sen.JPG

Hunner

I shot several more as it was setting. Can't seem to upload any more using the site insert. More later I guess.

Hunner

Working more on my Yuneec Typhoon H that I use for photography. Just added paint job, lights and some mods.
[video]https://www.facebook.com/david.a.hunter.18/videos/10220867871634718/[/video]