• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Photography

4Lo-Tank

i got an ar drone for christmas and then brookstone just so happened to be going out of business near me so the store was 70% off. walked in a picked up the last ar drone! Now i have 2! i know there not a capable as those but damn there fun to fly and record with!

Kyle if you pick up the macgyver controller kit with the flight recorder and a couple other upgrades they work well. The flight recorder allows you to set gps via google earth anf just click launch and it will fly the pattern you set. The controller is a actual controller not touchscreen. I have mine quite well done and with my upgraded batteries i do about 45 min of flight time

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Kyle

Kyle if you pick up the macgyver controller kit with the flight recorder and a couple other upgrades they work well. The flight recorder allows you to set gps via google earth anf just click launch and it will fly the pattern you set. The controller is a actual controller not touchscreen. I have mine quite well done and with my upgraded batteries i do about 45 min of flight time

yea i heard about the flight recorder, i really want to upgrade mine, i have the performance edition with two batteries and stuff. i swapped out the blades too, but sadly i let a friend fly and he managed to crash the thing into pretty much the only tree in this giant open field, so right now my 1 ar drone is down and the second one well i havent even taken it out of the box, ive been soo busy with other things lol

4Lo-Tank

Yea mine got loose in a updraft one day and just kept going. Luckily the kill switch works farther then the controls so i was able to kill it. But watching $500 drop from the sky 300 ft up made me sick to my stomach. The only thing i ended up with was a broken prop when it hit the neighbors roof

Kyle

Yea mine got loose in a updraft one day and just kept going. Luckily the kill switch works farther then the controls so i was able to kill it. But watching $500 drop from the sky 300 ft up made me sick to my stomach. The only thing i ended up with was a broken prop when it hit the neighbors roof

dang! thats crazy!

Hunner

The Blade 350QX I have has a RTH, return to home feature that uses GPS and will come back and land within 10 feet of me.
Or if it looses 2.4 control link it just lands. Which can be challenging to retrieve, lol

The new Blade 350QX comes with gimbal and camera if you want a package set up. $999 not until May
If you have no experience "smart mode" is IOC intelligent orientation so left is left and right is right and forward goes away and pull back comes to you no matter which way the thing is pointed. It can be hard to see that at a distance. I added bright strobes to mine.
Might have posted that awhile back?

Bigunit

Hammer Down!
Staff member
Looks big enough to me. If it can lift an H1 it should be able to lift the Hunner Edition H3, fully loaded! Great pic!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapataint

Hunner

Dang rabbits!!

Finally a light weight gimbal has been produced. That helped alot. Works smooth even in 15-20.
I practiced on my favorite subject. This looks better than Youtube but still not as good as on the computer feeding a 47 inch lcd display.
I have been experimenting with different pitch props and got some cnc prop adapters so they go on with nuts instead of two tiny screws.
There have been some issues with stock props blowing up. Gravity wins.

Alrock I'm wanting to also do some red rock crawling and video.
I guess for now I have to settle for red gumbo mud!

Last edited:

Hunner

Red Moon Eclipse.

Nikon D600 80-400 @400, 250s @ 5.6, ISO waay up there H 2.0 (25,600) manual focus with tired old blurry eyes at 3:28 AMCDST. ZZZZZZZZZ

Last edited:

bendyprissy

I wished I could have been up for that but I have to work early this AM. Was really wanting to get my telescope out to see the moon & Mars to the lower right of it. Nice pic!

Hunner

Thanks,
Yea I could see Mars but with what I was using it was a tiny dot so I just cropped for the moon.

Big2dabank

Wow went back through this thread and there are some pretty amazing shots and impressive work. My wife and I are very novice users when it domes to this camera stuff. We are still working on our lens collection, bur for now we only have 35mm f/1.8, 18-55mm VR, and a 55-200mm VR. For most of our shots, just the kids playing in the yard or indoor pictures, we use the 35mm most often. Unfortunately, we recently started having some issues with our Nikon D5000, the camera will not turn on the lcd, you can trigger the shutter, but no image is captured, I think its mostly humidity related, because we shipped the camera over to a friend of ours in another state and he kept it and used it for 3 months with no issues at all. He shipped it back and the camera started acting up immediately when we got it back in Florida. Since we are novice users, we really struggled with the decision on which camera to purchase to replace it, D610, D7100, even looked at something cheaper like the D5300. So we opted for the D7100 this week, paid $1096 at Adorama for body only and decided to spend the money we saved by not jumping up to the D610 on some good optics to add to our lens collection. But now we are struggling with next lens choice to make, like I said the 35mm stays on the camera the most as it fits most of our everyday stuff, but we would like to start shooting some good landscape images and outdoor scenes.

Hunner

Well I could never get the H3 to lift off but I made it to 1,304 feet for the meteor shower.
It was a challenge to climb the mountain IN the H3.

I shot this with a Nikon D810 full frame and a Nikon 28-300 lens I use for a carry around most of the time.
The exposure was 30 seconds so I might capture some meteors and I "painted" the H3 with a pen light for about 3 seconds.

I got one meteor and the Milky Way even showed up.

The next day I was out in my Whaler searching for Eagles and found one that wanted to show off.
Photobucket compression does not do it justice but the original is awesome.

Last edited:

Kyle

damn those are some fantastic shots!! how are you liking the d810??? im going to post some shots ive taken over the past few months!

Hunner

You must have gone back in time for some of those! ha ha

I love the 810, amazes me every day and night.
One problem is switching from the D600 and back to the D810 is the selector dial does not have the OK button in the center. Unlike the D600 it has a seperate button over on the left side.

That means there have been times I thought I changed a setting but it did not apply on the 810. Learning curve.............

I shot some of my Daughters dance studio students at Boo at the Zoo tonight, lit only with tungsten spot lights. 6400 iso and they are good enough for wall hangers at the studio.

I got a Camranger wi-fi controller this afternoon and controlled a second camera with my ipad.
The 810 changed to a USB 3.0 connection and obsoleted the $50 wi-fi device from Nikon.

I was also shooting video with a Canon XA10 so I had my hands full of technology.
It's hard for old guys to remember all the settings!
It's getting too technical but great fun.

Hunner

Did some Egret huntin today. (that's a joke) it was great to access areas past the mob parking to get to the undisturbed birds.
Don't know what the limit is but I shot about 265 images!

Last edited:

Cyouincourt007

Pavement Prince
Some shots i took with basic cam nothing fancy ... one or 2 of these might be with my Iphone 4...
Epcot...
attachment.php

attachment.php

down in the everglades
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_8147.JPG
    IMG_8147.JPG
    34.8 KB · Views: 419
  • IMG_8188 (1).JPG
    IMG_8188 (1).JPG
    60.3 KB · Views: 406
  • IMG_8019.JPG
    IMG_8019.JPG
    120.7 KB · Views: 417
  • IMG_8029.JPG
    IMG_8029.JPG
    151.1 KB · Views: 410
  • IMG_8039.JPG
    IMG_8039.JPG
    181.3 KB · Views: 429
  • IMG_8082.JPG
    IMG_8082.JPG
    116.3 KB · Views: 430

Kyle

Lookin good! Some of my favorite photos I've taken with my iPhone and no one has ever known!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hunner

Time to upgrade the aerial camera platform.

This one comes with everything I had to build and combine and modify for my first ones all synced out of the box.

One great feature is that it has follow me mode. No more driving and flying at the same time to get the H3 in action!!
It's quite a bit bigger than the previous models but really smoooth video with three axis gimbal and shoot 4K.

Yuneec Typhoon Q500 4K

Added port and starboard lights to keep track of orientation while shooting, but it also has an Android tablet built in the controller that shows what it is aimed at.

stealth mode

natural camo

Hunner

Tried a screen grab and then a still.
Looses some detail in the upload process but looks killer on a imac 27" 5K or a 60 inch UHD 4K

Last edited: