• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

MoveBumpers DIY kit review

derian06

Red Rockett
Just placed my order for their DIY kit and got plenty of info on the product. The actual DIY kit hasn't been created yet so I spoke to the designer, I made sure that we can retain the hummer factory D rings, and he is planning on bolting it up behind the D-rings just like a regular brush guard. Hopefully that works out well.

Here is how DIY pricing works:
400$ is a regular front bumper with no bull bar
aa1737ceae8c7afb3996407dab9d6468.jpg

495$ is the pre runner style
ff43580b663235c0494b051a6c7ad688.jpg
*(these are renderings for how their finished bumpers will look, there will be no team stance and move wont have all of the dashes. Also the bull bar isn't that complex it is just a single bar)*

Their designer is going to be sending me different sketches before my order goes out, it should be ready to ship by next Wednesday and latest Friday.

I ordered a winch mount 75$ along with a custom stinger instead of bull bar (free) shipping is 75$, and you can choose between 0 (flat bumper no mounting holes), 1 (2 4x4 light pods), or 2 (4 4x4 light pods) sets.

The DIY kit comes in easy to weld together pieces normally 3-4. My bumper was 645$ shipped with no paint, I'm planning on using raptorliner. I'll update the thread as I make progress on it and when the sketches come in.

They also said that they will most likely be only making the full bumper and not it's smaller predecessor. So if you're looking for smaller and better stance thorparts is most likely your best option.

Also i've had fantastic customer service so far, they answered all of my questions without hesitation. I spoke with lacy, who rick recommended.

Last edited:

RamRod

Very cool! Do you weld it together or bolt the three pieces together like that All-Pro bumpers for the Tacoma?

H3slate

Brush raked
That is pretty brave putting money down on something that hasn't even been built and they are making changes to as they go.

The designs look pretty good, anxious to see a real one.

derian06

Red Rockett
Very cool! Do you weld it together or bolt the three pieces together like that All-Pro bumpers for the Tacoma?
You weld it all together
Where does the winch go?

instead of the lightbar there will be a winch mount and an opening.
That is pretty brave putting money down on something that hasn't even been built and they are making changes to as they go.

The designs look pretty good, anxious to see a real one.
She is going to send me the sketches before she ships it and if anything isn't to my liking then I can cancel the order. Heres a real one
9946ceb9bd860db6cf14bd9537e34eb2.jpg
on their website they have multiple photos of them on different trucks.

taylorblake831

Too bulky for me and looks like it weights a ton, plus I like the more narrow bumper exposing the front of the tire like the guy that do the "bumper mod" by cutting the wings off our stock bumper but that's just imo good luck to you I hope it turns out being what you want

-TEXAS FOREVER-

derian06

Red Rockett
Too bulky for me and looks like it weights a ton, plus I like the more narrow bumper exposing the front of the tire like the guy that do the "bumper mod" by cutting the wings off our stock bumper but that's just imo good luck to you I hope it turns out being what you want

-TEXAS FOREVER-

Thought about that, If I ever wanted too, I could just cut the wings off of the bumper at the same position.

rsm688

OOOOHHH me want. Definitely post some pics when it gets in. I'm gonna get one of those and weld my wraparound brushguard to it for one hell of a front bumper.

I do second/third the notion I would much rather see smaller sides that expose a lot more of the tire so that it's not as bulky. And round fog light holes or no holes at all and let the DIY'ers cut whatever they want in them (which I'm sure they could send ones with no holes).

Derian, would you ask the designer if they could make a version with sides that don't extend down as low. Maybe if they cut it off at the lower middle line where the bottom of the fog lights sit and didn't have another section below it. With it hanging down so far it's going to make our hummer's look like they have less ground clearance and not look as lifted

Definitely want a rear bumper

Last edited:

derian06

Red Rockett
Some renderings
85cf1412796ff866399702325c12f0f5.jpg
3a9be73abb70b4de5af2f61d95f7adb7.jpg
21983ec8a6054e8fbe4efd6ab36c8164.jpg
they told me I could cut out holes for the factory tow hooks, but that made me wonder how it will attach to the frame. Waiting on the answer now.

RamRod

Very cool!

Looks like you loose the factory tow hooks eh.... thats not fun, I see some parts labled "frame" I assume thats how it gets bolted to the truck then?

The top hoop looks like it needs trimming to? I would say this is definatly a very involved DIY kit

I assume you are going to use your truck as a jig for mocking everything up (i.e. bolt it up to the framerails and then tack everything on from there? Looks like you will need a buddy to help hold $h!t in place.

It will look good when done, but looking like a lot of work and potential for something to go wrong

derian06

Red Rockett
Very cool!

Looks like you loose the factory tow hooks eh.... thats not fun, I see some parts labled "frame" I assume thats how it gets bolted to the truck then?

The top hoop looks like it needs trimming to? I would say this is definatly a very involved DIY kit

I assume you are going to use your truck as a jig for mocking everything up (i.e. bolt it up to the framerails and then tack everything on from there? Looks like you will need a buddy to help hold $h!t in place.

It will look good when done, but looking like a lot of work and potential for something to go wrong

I'm not too worried about it, they have step by step instructions, and you can retain the factory hooks by cutting a slot for them which they already have laid out.

RamRod

I'm not too worried about it, they have step by step instructions, and you can retain the factory hooks by cutting a slot for them which they already have laid out.

Thats good to hear!

Keep posting updates and take lots of pictures!