• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Craigslist Ads-Watch out for the bad folks out there!

2007HummerH2

Just a word to the wise.......
A few weeks back I saw that someone posted on here, about a craigslist ad, that had some black door handles and one other thing for an H3.
I contacted the member. He still had the door handles and told me that he took them off the day he got his 3. They were in supposedly in perfect condition-no scratches, etc. I kept in contact with him, and the same went for him.
Well I just received them on Friday. Much to my surprise 3 out of the 5 handles were ok. One has the attaching hardware completely snapped off, and another one is cracked. So 2 are useless.....:no:
I tried contacting him several times by phone, and also by emails......but no return call/email from him.
I filed a claim with Paypal, and escalated the dispute. I'm waiting for Paypal to make a decision. I guess he responded to the claim, but I can't see what he wrote.
This person's name is: Jeff Ziegler and lives in Washington state. Anyone know of this person??? Or if you are dealing with him, just beware....
I'm also looking for two more black door handles.....:)

M22KLARS

Unsafe At Any Speed
That's BS. And why I would never do a CL deal long distance. I gotta see what I'm buying before I had over the cash. But I understand why others do.

08SolarFlareH3

Super Swampers
That sucks! That is one of the things about craigslist, I have never purchased anything that I couldn't pick up in person. Its not like eBay were if something goes wrong, you have dispute resolution. I wish you best of luck with you Paypal dispute and thanks for you heads up on a shady seller.

2007HummerH2

I've purchased many things from craigslist, and never had an issue before....I guess one bad apple spoils the bunch!

SWANK3T

Dude I kept e mailing him trying to buy them too he responded one time and that was it so I just forgot about it.

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
I've had good luck with Craigslist and sold a bunch of stuff there but I've also always done that business locally. Hopefully Paypal can help.

rsc

My wife and I have had one bad deal on Ebay (the last one) and one bad deal on CraigsList (the first one). I realize that this is not the norm but I try to keep the BS filter on anyway. My wife is more trusting unfortunately.

Yarjammer

Hmmm... he was the guy on the "other" forum that had the urban camo wrapped H3 with the 20" rims. Good to know, I'll steer clear of dealing with him.

Scarsman

Sponsor
b
Hmmm... he was the guy on the "other" forum that had the urban camo wrapped H3 with the 20" rims. Good to know, I'll steer clear of dealing with him.

Was that the Tint guy?

I feel bad, I'm the one who posted that listing here. Sorry!

Last edited:

twinmill28

Spilled Milk
I've done lots of HUMMER transactions on Ebay and Craigslist with no issues. That sucks you've found the one ass clown to do you wrong.
I'd always thought my good dealings were the results of people selling HUMMER stuff with a little higher standard than the rest of the crowd. But I'm not naive, I've always figured I would ultimately end up getting smoked.
Hell, I paid a dude $150 for a set of U-steps/rock rails on and asked him to hold them for 6 months for me if he didn't mind. This was an impulse on what I felt was an awesome deal and so I kind of wrote the transaction off until I got closer to being able to pick them up. I sorta figured he would have written me off and sold them again. Low and behold, he was still around when I drove thru Mobile and picked them up.
I've also been dealing with another guy for almost this entire past year until I could get to this side of the country to pick up another HUMMER sign. He's been holding on to it for me and we're working on me picking it up at his folks house in south Georgia. He could have just as well told me to screw off and sold it to someone who had their crap together.
Not all people are bad.........

08SolarFlareH3

Super Swampers
I got smoked for $3k on a transaction on a Car Audio forum by someone I thought I could trust. We did numerous transactions together in the past with out issues. It sucks to get f'ed over for that kind of money by someone you thought was your "friend". Part of the reason I got out of car audio.....:no:

lasallejai

Does any one know Keith Kammenzind from Graham, Washington?? His user name is KK07H3. I sent him the cheque for the U steps and he has not replied to any of my emails or PM's since. This is the thread I refer to: http://www.hummer4x4offroad.com/for...Protection-and-U-steps-for-H3&p=9693#post9693. Has any one dealt with him before???? Now looking back I should not have dealt with a seller with only one post and joined in September, 2011.

08H3

Does any one know Keith Kammenzind from Graham, Washington?? His user name is KK07H3. I sent him the cheque for the U steps and he has not replied to any of my emails or PM's since. This is the thread I refer to: http://www.hummer4x4offroad.com/for...Protection-and-U-steps-for-H3&p=9693#post9693. Has any one dealt with him before???? Now looking back I should not have dealt with a seller with only one post and joined in September, 2011.

I had sold to a gentleman by that name in Washington. Seemed like a very standup guy. Had no issues with the transaction. I had dealt through HXC. You might try PM'ing him there....maybe he frequents that forum more than H4O. Good luck.

lasallejai

I had sold to a gentleman by that name in Washington. Seemed like a very standup guy. Had no issues with the transaction. I had dealt through HXC. You might try PM'ing him there....maybe he frequents that forum more than H4O. Good luck.

Thanks, and I will try reaching him at HXC, of which I am also a member. Thanks once again!

M22KLARS

Unsafe At Any Speed

DAMN IT! I hate hearing about this ****!

twinmill28

Spilled Milk
Thanks, and I will try reaching him at HXC, of which I am also a member. Thanks once again!
Ok, I surfed across the other 3 HUMMER forums I'm a member of and it breaks out something like: member of HUMMER X for 3 years 07-10 then no activity; HUMMER Forums recent activity up to right around the time you last dealt with him, then nothing; CHO last activity in July.
So, you're not dealing with a dirtbag; his history is not posting much, but consistent with user name, and a long history on the forums and with H3. I'd almost think he might have had some life situation that's pulled him off the forums--dead? seriously ill? I don't think you got taken, something obviously happened.
I'd recommend mailing out a short letter to where ever you sent the money (was it a check, did it clear?) and see if you get a response. You can always Spokeo his name and see if you can get any useful info out of that--but it would probably be very limited info, maybe find out who else lives in his house at most.
I don't think your experience falls into getting screwed on this deal, you just gotta solve the mystery.
Good luck! Let us know how it comes out......

Google search shows this guy is 61 years old, but I can't find much more with no info......

Last edited:

lasallejai

Thanks, and I did google for him using his name. I also checked the other 2 Humemr forums and found out the same as you did. The cheque has been cleared so some one, if not him, must have deposited the cheque. I live in Toronto, Canada, and the cheque took a while to clear since it was a Canadian bank cheque payable in US currency. I will mail him a letter, as you recommend, to the address I sent the cheque to and see what will happen. Thanks, and I do appreciate your help here as a new member of the forum from Canada. I will keep you guys posted.

Ok, I surfed across the other 3 HUMMER forums I'm a member of and it breaks out something like: member of HUMMER X for 3 years 07-10 then no activity; HUMMER Forums recent activity up to right around the time you last dealt with him, then nothing; CHO last activity in July.
So, you're not dealing with a dirtbag; his history is not posting much, but consistent with user name, and a long history on the forums and with H3. I'd almost think he might have had some life situation that's pulled him off the forums--dead? seriously ill? I don't think you got taken, something obviously happened.
I'd recommend mailing out a short letter to where ever you sent the money (was it a check, did it clear?) and see if you get a response. You can always Spokeo his name and see if you can get any useful info out of that--but it would probably be very limited info, maybe find out who else lives in his house at most.
I don't think your experience falls into getting screwed on this deal, you just gotta solve the mystery.
Good luck! Let us know how it comes out......

Google search shows this guy is 61 years old, but I can't find much more with no info......

2007HummerH2

I have tried to contact him again and again, with no response. Unfortunately I had to escalate it to a Paypal claim. Hopefully Paypal will take care of it for me.........