• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Tube doors...

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
Bebe has a set but yea tube doors would be nice to leave some protection to you and the B pillar and door sills. I've gone wheeling with no doors plenty of times, night and day difference in visibility and performance. Ditching the doors sheds 330 lbs

Highatop

Is it that hard to do or just a pain in the a$$ an time. I would think it would be kindda straight forward. Also, this is comin from a none fab guy, so I have no idea...

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
its all about how crazy you wanna get with it. I have seen some crazy tube doors and some not so crazy.

RamRod

I have been keeping an eye out of a wrecked H3 in my neck of the woods that I can buy the front doors off of... then I would just cut into it and talk about 1/4 of the door off while retaining the factory hinges and latch... something like this

25822d1219874122-custom-half-doors-coming-right-up-halfuse.jpg

I guess they cal them half doors when you go this route

Chocflip201

In the Rocky Mountains
Tube doors are set to come out early summer.

I have been sidetracked with other fabrication work of custom jobs, I am finishing a roll cage this weekend and it is my last "custom fab" project that I am doing for a while and will be focusing solely on H3 parts.

Check me out on Instagram at @bluewolffabrication and @chocflip201

@bluewolffabrication will be giving away a 6" LED light bar at 250 followers.

Last edited:

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
Yes!!!! Ramrod. I've had that thought for years. Still seals for water crossings too but probably the most expensive too

Chocflip201

In the Rocky Mountains
20" LED bar hood pod Available April 1st
Tube Doors - May 1st
A-pillar LED bar (above windshield) and light pod (above "air cleaners" at base of windshield) - June 1st
Sliders and bumpers late summer / early fall

Chocflip201

In the Rocky Mountains
Tube doors offered "skinned" with speakers and plain non-skinned tube doors.

I ran all summer last year without my front door speakers and it sucked!

skeptic

Tube doors offered "skinned" with speakers and plain non-skinned tube doors.

Now you have my attention. I've never seen a tube door on a non-wrangler that looked right. I can't really put my finger on it, maybe it's the mounting position of the hinge, or maybe it's the door jam design, or maybe it's just what I'm used to. However, skinned tube doors that look like half doors is something I think would be great.

I'm assuming this is for H3s only so I'm still SOL, but I'd love to see what you guys come up with and the price-point.

Highatop

Chocflip, I was hopin to get your attention and chime in. Glad to see you put together a plan and would like to see more on the tube doors. May will be here before we all know it.
Also, you bein in Utah. Hope to see you in Moab for the Spring run...

Panzer07

I been wanting to get a set of roof speakers like the wranglers to add more sound to the truck over all as well have speakers still if I choose to take the doors off. I think they'd fit perfectly. What you guys think, not a priority since I listen to the online radio when driving to my earphones.

Torres

Ron46

Capt.
I cant wait for all this to be available :corn:

20" LED bar hood pod Available April 1st
Tube Doors - May 1st
A-pillar LED bar (above windshield) and light pod (above "air cleaners" at base of windshield) - June 1st
Sliders and bumpers late summer / early fall