• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Ed's2013 Avalanche build..

Ed's06h3

well after 3 or so month of owning the avalanche i have done a few mods. When i first bought her in October she had 18K miles and now she has 24K miles

here she is at the dealer

first mod i did was to get floor mats

next i got the corsa performance air intake with the powercore air filter

Installed:

Next came the corsa performance exhaust

Installed:

LED tail lights (bermuda black)

Putco 60 inch LED tailgate light bar

Installed:

Putco LED dome & map lights

locking fuel cap

black billet fuel door (this was a pain in the a$$ to install)

Ed's06h3

Husky under seat storage unit

i installed the fire extinguisher, flash light, & first aid (everything is bolted down and not going anywhere)

AVS in-channel windwo visors

H & T brush-guard

Installed:

i remved all the wood trim pieces and wrapped them in vinyl carbon fiber

Rigid dually's D2 hyperspot... the lights will go on the brush guard

thats it for now more updates to come

future mods:
goodyear duratracs tires
6 inch suspension llift
professional performance tune
Anzo u-bar headlights
putco 30 inch LED light bar
cargo bed rug

Panzer07

I actually like how this Avalanche is coming alone...never had high expectation on them...good job Man keep it up.

Torres

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."
-Friedrich Nietzsche

Cyouincourt007

Pavement Prince
Coming along very nice,me likes the vinyl wrap on the panels is sweet. How them rigids lighting the path...love everything your doing with it and I think it's going to look awesomer with every new mod...great vision sir.

Timgco

Hugh Hefner
Nice job! Any plan on suspension yet? I tried the Fabtech on my 07, than took that off and went to the Rancho. The Rancho had better road manners, but only had 33's on it. My wifes 07 Tahoe had the Traxda front and rear kit with 33's and that handled even better. lmk if you want pics or details.

Ed's06h3

Ed, hows the avalanche doing, any updates?

Just minor ones Kyle the parts are sitting in the garage waiting to be installed:

OEM black door handles (to replace the silver ones on the truck I'm really liking the silver/black look)
LEDglow truck bed lights
& hopefully in a few weeks (with tax refund) I can get the rough country 6 inch suspension lift

I will take pics once everything is installed..

Ed's06h3

Nice job! Any plan on suspension yet? I tried the Fabtech on my 07, than took that off and went to the Rancho. The Rancho had better road manners, but only had 33's on it. My wifes 07 Tahoe had the Traxda front and rear kit with 33's and that handled even better. lmk if you want pics or details.

Thanks Tim I'm eyeing the rough country 6 inch suspension lift but can't find any reviews on it. I like the BDS but it's way too much $$$$. Yeah send me the pics please. But that's what I'm afraid of buying (spending) a lift kit then have to take it off due to bad ride quality. Also how is that Dodge truck my brother is looking to purchasing the same one

Kyle

Just minor ones Kyle the parts are sitting in the garage waiting to be installed:

OEM black door handles (to replace the silver ones on the truck I'm really liking the silver/black look)
LEDglow truck bed lights
& hopefully in a few weeks (with tax refund) I can get the rough country 6 inch suspension lift

I will take pics once everything is installed..

Jealous! I did a 2inch spacer lift and its suiting me well for now, i saw a solid axle Silverado the other day and it got me thinking, so thats something thats going to be coming up in due time! Did you do any bumper mods yet? i really like the ADD bumper but its not worth the money in my opinion so i got to cutting and built one that i like better! and as far as roof rack, you have the cross rails already so you could build your own rack and mount it to the cross rails without drilling!

Ed's06h3

Yeah I saw & I really liked the bumped mod you did to your truck. I may do something like that once the truck is paid off next year. I will into building a roof rack.. how about u? Any updates on your avy?

Kyle

Yeah I saw & I really liked the bumped mod you did to your truck. I may do something like that once the truck is paid off next year. I will into building a roof rack.. how about u? Any updates on your avy?

nothing really, its going in for some more computer tweaks soon, something I've noticed is that the 5.3 looses oil like no other, if you disable the AFM to stop the truck from going into 4 cylinder mode it will help reduce oil consumption, that may be something you want to look into. I'm also hoping the KING off road suspension shocks for a Tahoe will fit the avalanche so i can get a better suspension set up lol i also am thinking about mounting two spare tires in the rear. in my area ive seen some guy with a fully built up avalanche just like are body style but i have yet to follow him or see him in the parking lot to talk to him and check out his truck! what direction are you taking with your truck? Prerunner or more of multipurpose off roading?

Ed's06h3

Lol I said the same thing the other day about the oil. I use Mobil1 5w30 full synthetic oil. What do u use?.. I'm going multi purpose route. I still use it for my daily driver & work. There aren't too many avy's here & the forums are not that active. When you install the two tires in the back post lots of pics. & I think the King shocks would fit the avalanche..

Kyle

Lol I said the same thing the other day about the oil. I use Mobil1 5w30 full synthetic oil. What do u use?.. I'm going multi purpose route. I still use it for my daily driver & work. There aren't too many avy's here & the forums are not that active. When you install the two tires in the back post lots of pics. & I think the King shocks would fit the avalanche..

I run royal purple, next oil change I will be switching to a heavier weight though, I heard it helps with oil consumption and is better in high mileage engines! And yea I'm kinda sad no one else is on Avalanche forums these trucks have a high potential and yea I will post tons of pics! Have you thought about doing wheel spacers??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ed's06h3

I haven't thought about wheel spacers yet. Once the lift is installed I will look into it. I will also change the oem 17inch wheels to 18inch (I like the method MR301 wheels with Goodyear duractracs).

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
Haven't bought tires for an 18" set of wheels but you might want to check availability and prices before you invest in the wheels to make sure you can get what you want.

Kyle

Ed how did the wiring turn out? Did the photos help?

Yeah they did Kyle thanks. I haven't ran the wires through yet the weather here has been brutal soon as it warms up I will install it. Any updates on your truck?

Sweet!! And yea actually, idk if you have the Bose system or not but I added an amplifier to the stock Bose subwoofer and the whole sound system comes to life! Way better mids and highs and just way better sounding bass as well. But not over the top blow your ears out bass!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk