• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Trip to George Washington Nat'l Forest in Spring 2015

USMC_315

Hey guys,

I'm hoping to make a trip out to George Washington national forest mid to late spring this year with a couple of my Jeep buddies. Was wondering first off of any good trails to hit over there (I've never been before) and also wanted an informal invitation for us to meet up with you all and hit some trails early this year.

Let me know if you're interested so I can set an actual date rather than just doing it on a whim.

kflips

I've been to flagpole knob out at Switzer (spelling?) lake near Harrisburg but that may not be as far out as you want. There are supposed to be trails that lead out to to other exit points but one exit point was closed when I got to that end of the trail, so you should check with the national park on openings before you go. I've heard that there are two new Offroad parks, chaos Offroad 30 minutes west of winchester and I think hatfield and McCoy (?) in West Virginia but have not been to either of them. Flag pole is nice, not a hard trail except tight going up and down from the mountain top, no two way on the mountain side

USMC_315

I just checked out the two parks you mentioned. Hatfield and McCoy is a series of ATV parks, which does actually look pretty fun. Chaos is for rigs, but from the pics I saw on their site, it looks like its just around somebodies farm, not sure if it would be any good. I'll look more into Chaos in the coming weekend, but I think I'm still leaning towards GWNF. Also, is flagpole knob wide enough for my 2 to get up, or is it too tight?

SkidRow

I may be interested in going depending on the dates. My new job starts on March 9th so any weekend after that I should be free, except during training when I'm TOD for training.