• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Just a lil' day trip.

owlxxx

DId a little wheelin'. Started out early, didn't know it rained overnight at home (5000'), snow in the higher elevation. Figured what the heck, it's still on! Met up in mojave, then headed to Jawbone canyon ranger station. While at the station I ran into a fellow forum member from my hometown "DINOV". He was headed to the burro schmidt. We were headed to bodfish via the piutes. on the way up the piutes in the sequoia national forest, we came across a few vehicles headed down. A guy in a jeep said road was rough so he turned around. He figured it's worth a shot for us to try it.
attachment.php
This is the view right at the switchbacks looking east towards jawbone canyon.
attachment.php
The snow is now getting pretty slick underneath the fresh layer.
attachment.php
It got too slick so we turned around and headed back down towards jawbone canyon.
attachment.php
we decided to take the dove springs trail towards last chance canyon trail. once there we played around for a bit.
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
Here is the view from above pucker hill by the mine.
attachment.php

Attachments

• OWL_2324.jpg
    OWL_2324.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 325
  • OWL_2371.jpg
    OWL_2371.jpg
    482.7 KB · Views: 310
  • OWL_2373.jpg
    OWL_2373.jpg
    394.5 KB · Views: 486
  • OWL_2396.jpg
    OWL_2396.jpg
    144.4 KB · Views: 354
  • OWL_2424.jpg
    OWL_2424.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 471
  • OWL_2433.jpg
    OWL_2433.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 362
  • OWL_2436.jpg
    OWL_2436.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 348
  • OWL_2438.jpg
    OWL_2438.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 289
  • OWL_2439.jpg
    OWL_2439.jpg
    718.3 KB · Views: 388
  • OWL_2455.jpg
    OWL_2455.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 373
Last edited:

owlxxx

my bro headed down pucker hill,
attachment.php
we got into last chance as the sun was setting, there was a bit of water running through the whole thing. we stopped at this "door"
attachment.php
while at this storage room, we hooked up with a father and sons(2) duo of vehicles that were headed down the canyon, dad was in a jeep wrangler, sons were in like a 70's bronco. We did last chance at night and with water in it. It was a blast, probably the best run through there i've done. At the end I had realized i didnt take many pics so I got these 2 shots real quick-
attachment.php
attachment.php
. all in all, it was a great day wheeling, We did some mountain stuff in mud and eventually a ton of snow. Then we did high speed desert whomping down dove springs trail. Then we did a little bit of crawling at night down a wet and muddy last chance canyon.

Attachments

• OWL_2460.jpg
    OWL_2460.jpg
    708.3 KB · Views: 318
  • OWL_2471.jpg
    OWL_2471.jpg
    148.8 KB · Views: 277
  • OWL_2511.jpg
    OWL_2511.jpg
    538.1 KB · Views: 291
  • OWL_2535.jpg
    OWL_2535.jpg
    501 KB · Views: 329

Panzer07

Cool, look at all that snow...I'm hoping on getting my share of snow this morning...heading to big bear's gold mountain in a bit.

Torres

owlxxx

Thanks everyone, it was awesome. I love having this much variety of terrain in my backyard. Trip odometer read 164miles once I got back home. I do not have a build thread since all I did was bolt on a few things. Nothing fancy really.

rsc

Wow, awesome pictures! Love the one of the Jeep going over the edge down to the H3.

Hunner

This right here is a great shot. Calendar material.
Zoomed to 125mm compressed the background and makes the H3 pop out of the white out background.

Last edited:

zackcrum

Thanks everyone, it was awesome. I love having this much variety of terrain in my backyard. Trip odometer read 164miles once I got back home. I do not have a build thread since all I did was bolt on a few things. Nothing fancy really.
That rear door set-up counts in my book