• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Re-installing the IC-7000

LagunaH1

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425849280.629208.jpgbattery isolator and a stray barrel connector

LagunaH1

BTW: While I was taking these pics, I was also playing in the world wide DX contest and was able to reach Portugal and France on the 15 meter band.

LagunaH1

Tonight, I spoke with a station "UP2L" in Kazakhstan. I think this might be a new long distance record for me. Suffice to say I am very very happy with the perforce of the IC-7000 Radio + SGC 237 Tuner + SG 303 Antenna

LagunaH1

Quick update: On the way home from Moab, I was able to check in to my radio club's 40 meter net from Richfield, UT. This was despite a serious solar flare hampering HF radio, and I even got a signal report from Orange county that my call had been the loudest of all stations on the net.

LagunaH1

For a while I'd been using a couple of reasonable quality window suction cup mounts for my radio control heads but I got tired of how temporary it all seemed. 3Hummers had suggested that there was a shelf available for this very purpose so I went and got one (I bought it from adventure accessories, part number RDH10-CBM-PC, the product is made by Rubberduck 4x4)

Here is how it looks as of yesterday
attachment.php

Next, I want to relocate the radio bodies to a more suitable location where they aren't subject to as much movement and vibration as they are currently

Attachments

• IMG_1022.jpg
    IMG_1022.jpg
    625.1 KB · Views: 208
Last edited:

LagunaH1

I haven't really been on bouncy dirt roads yet but it seems like a really solid sturdy piece. At this point I'm having a hard time imagining anything will bounce on this shelf. Keep in mind, though, I only have the radio control heads, not the radios themselves, mounted on the new shelf. The radio bodies still live on the swing arm until I decide how I want to mount them, probably in the center platform.

Last edited: