• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Blacks Protesting all over USA

ABNTROOP

HIPPO
351ed9eaca753d02c148e5d57c075feb.jpg

High Five H2

I'm not the best shot with a handgun, but I've competed in IPSC tournaments before and done some drills. Handguns are not very accurate to begin with. There's no way to aim for the leg or arm or whatever. it's just too small and probably moving too fast. The only sure way to hit a BG is to aim center mass. Aside from that, handguns are not rifles. they aren't powerful. A determined BG will keep coming even after being shot in the arm or leg. Even if you do get a kill shot, unless it's to the brain stem, many times they have to bleed out to stop the attack.

I used to do Krav maga, and I learned in there that the israelis shoot for the pelvic region. There are 2 major arteries running down each leg and if you break the pelvic bone then the attacker is disabled. Fun fact! I remember a story about an off duty cop who shot an attacker with a knife and a lot of people thought he was aiming directly for the penis or something like that. I thought that was funny.

High Five H2

Does anyone question the timing of the grand jury reading its findings? Knowing that most riots are more destructive after dark why not wait till 10am the next morning to read it? Seems to me a logical approach to counteract and limit the destructiveness of a mob when they can be identified easily in broad daylight.

IMO the media is mostly to blame. Much more important things are happening that need media focus. When did the media shift from fact checking to sensationalism you may ask? When Jerry springer and Geraldo made money by televising social "drama".

Just my point of view.

i thought the same exact thing. seems like very bad planning on their part.

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hints were dropped for weeks that there would not be an indictment. Likely to allow the raw emotion to bleed off. It is natural for people to see what they want in a situation. Yes, announcing the decision when they did was a bit unusual. The grand jury got it right.
interestingly enough, in watching video of some of the protesters tonight at the St Louis courthouse they were mainly white guys.

As to pistols, they are plenty accurate and powerful. The main issue is that Joe Sixpack isn't proficient enough for a high degree of accuracy. Add in adrenalin, fear, etc and accuracy goes out the window, hence aim for center mass.

digglesworth

A lot of the protesting done around the city of st. louis seems to be pretty organized. They make their point and move on. no rioting, no looting. They respect the police's requests to not block roadways. It's the idiots in and around Ferguson that don't seem to understand the whole protesting thing.

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
Same in most cases. 99% of the people in Ferguson are just as disgusted as we are at the aftermath of the protest. The vast majority of the protesters are disgusted with it. The small fraction that caused the mayhem weren't interested in Michael Brown or his situation. They just used the event to act like animals. You don't honor Michael Brown or advance the cause by destroying innocent peolpe's property, stealing, looting, etc.

chaos254

Does anyone question the timing of the grand jury reading its findings? Knowing that most riots are more destructive after dark why not wait till 10am the next morning to read it? Seems to me a logical approach to counteract and limit the destructiveness of a mob when they can be identified easily in broad daylight.

IMO the media is mostly to blame. Much more important things are happening that need media focus. When did the media shift from fact checking to sensationalism you may ask? When Jerry springer and Geraldo made money by televising social "drama".

Just my point of view.
I would think that they waited till late so that most people would be off the streets and businesses would be closed.

abearden

I would think that they waited till late so that most people would be off the streets and businesses would be closed.
As someone else suggested earlier in the week, should've announced at 6-7am the next morning. Thugs won't be up that early.

Hayden

Toyo M/T
They claim it's racism then go and do and say racist things. Saw one of my former facebook friends share a video of them looting and burning the store on fire that Brown stole from. What did the owners do to deserve that? they had a product stolen and reported it to the police. Now their business is destroyed. This "movement" is not abour equality, they want to overpower all races. I know what im saying may sound radical (and can be removed if need be) but its honestly how i feel. Saw a black guy say, "F#$K Martin Luther King Jr. keep rioting". It makes me sick.

Big2dabank

I have held my tongue pretty firm on this issue and have not discussed it outside of my family and my children. I wanted my children to understand what happened and the decisions that were made by both individuals. I also wanted them to understand that the information portrayed in the media and online is not always factual and not to formulate opinions based on facts presented by other people. My kids have always been taught to respect authority and also to make smart rational decisions and avoid acting on emotion alone. If more parents would actually be parents, these sorts of things would not be as common as they are today, instead today's parents tend to let their kids be raised by the media, video games, music, Internet, etc.. without filtering and discussing the things that they see and hear.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk