• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Interior Lighting

Decided to change my interior lighting to LED's. Changed the dome lights to white and the step lights to red to match my interior. Also added red LED's under the driver and passenger seats

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1416710076450.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1416710076450.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 135

Bananatank

Those dome lights you got are they real bright in the inside was planning on doing this mod whered you get them from?

I did the same on my truck a bit back, I changed all the over heads to LEDs, but for under the seats, I used LED flexible light strips, that can be wired to your regular interior light by just tapping into one of the interior lights, or just run direct correct, fused and with a switch on the dash to turn them on and off!

derian06 I tapped into the drivers side step or courtesy light underneath the steering wheel. In mine the 2 wire colors were red and white red being positive and white being negative. Just made a wire splice and ran wires under the trim panels to the back seat. I used 2 4inch LED strips. Actually had to use some adhesive to help hold them under the seat because the tape on the lights wasnt very strong. All the lights came from autozone. I think the top dome lights are #578 and the step/courtesy lights are #168. Those are just plug and play.

derian06 I tapped into the drivers side step or courtesy light underneath the steering wheel. In mine the 2 wire colors were red and white red being positive and white being negative. Just made a wire splice and ran wires under the trim panels to the back seat. I used 2 4inch LED strips. Actually had to use some adhesive to help hold them under the seat because the tape on the lights wasnt very strong. All the lights came from autozone. I think the top dome lights are #578 and the step/courtesy lights are #168. Those are just plug and play.

Can you do a short write up on how to?

Those dome lights you got are they real bright in the inside was planning on doing this mod whered you get them from?
They all came from autozone and compared to the stock lights they are brighter. My H3 doesn't come with front map/dome lights so I thought this would help plus I like the look.