• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

new 06 sut owner

rockstarbass1

Earlier this week i bought an 06 sut with 54k miles on it, it has a 6in bds lift and 37" nitto trail grapplers on it. Two tires are good other two are almost shot, someone must not of been rotating them like they should have. I think the 37s look tiny and heard i can run up to a 41x15.5 (not sure if that is true or not) but for a truck that will see road way more then mud im going to just buy two nitto for now untill i decide what i really want. There are only a few small issues. The buzzing sound while going down the highway at the windshield (saw the a pillar fix). What sounds like a slight tick coming from then manifold gasket, the rear left side market light likes to flicker sometimes and when i hit the turn signal it doesnt work unless i get out of the truck and push on it. Thats about all. I dislike not having an aux input on the 6disk changer to hook my phone up to the radio, and i want a hard tonneau cover but cant seam to find one. Also can someone tell me what i need to jump so that the fog/drl stay on when the head lights come on?? thanks chris

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
The rear bed covers are hard to come by. GStyle was working on some aftermarket ones. Not sure if they ever brought them to market or not.

Cajun_Tiger_Hummer

You can run 41" tires. Depending on the offset of the rim you should be able to run a 15.5" wide tire. I'm running 41" x 14.5" x 20" Interco Irok. You can also fit 41.5" x 13.5" pit bull Rockers. You have pics of your SUT?

Congrats on the rig brother! Sounds like your rear left side marker is grounding out, open it up and check to make sure the wire doesn't have a split or cut in it. And Do you mean the day time running lights? Because if you do, you will have to cut the wires and splice them into the front lights, not the headlights, I believe you might have to add a relay in between too, I will have to check mine to make sure if I did.

rockstarbass1

Thanks guys! And this is going to sound bad/dumb. But I got the truck 8 days ago and only have seen it once in day light since then I've been working so much (13hrs a day). But since there is no fog switch. I assume the fogs are they day light running lights. Then the head lights are a 9007 bulb high and low beam. When the head light (low beams) come on the fog lights turn off right? I want to make it so the fog lights stay on when the head lights (low beams) come on.

No brother, if the daylight running light are the OEM set up, they will only be on during the day, and turn off as soon as it's dark or I Believe as soon as you try turning on any other lights, So to make a long story short, you will never see them on because they are only on during the day and only when your moving the truck as you drive.

Big2dabank

Nice SUT.

You can keep the DRL's on if you perform the DRL mod to make them stay on all the time night or day. Not sure if I can put my hands on the wiring diagram, but its simple to do.

LoJac963

I'll try and find it as well. I did the DRL mod so mine stay on during the day and at night with the headlights. Definitely an easy and great addition!

rockstarbass1

Thanks guys. That's exactly what I was looking for, and couldn't find doing a search. How to do the mod to make them stay on. I'll keep checking back to see what you guys come up with

Fish

Here is the wiring diagram for the DRL mod. You run a wire between the two relays with a diode spliced into the wire. I forget the size of the diode but I got mine at radioshack for about a buck. I can check when I get home...

Cajun_Tiger_Hummer

Nice SUT! Throw some 40's or 41's on for sure.
attachment.php
How 41's look on lifted H2

Attachments

• 10672067_163426730494590_3451888101934862392_n.jpg
    10672067_163426730494590_3451888101934862392_n.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 514

rockstarbass1

Thanks fish! Please let me know asap what diode so I can do it!

Cajun tiger, I want to but two hold backs. One the price of a the tires and knowing what will still work good on snow/pavement because its my daily driver right now in winter. And two if that big of a tire will wear out my suspension parts faster or if gearing will be an issue! (But I was thinking about going 40x14.5r20 with the super swamper m-16 tires because they have a favor in price of almost 200$ea vs others)

Fish

Diodes are like a one way road for electricity. The wire that you need to install sends electricity between the two relays so when one relay is on the other relay will be activated too. So when you turn your headlights on it will activate the DRL relay and the DRL's will be on at the same time, thats good. Without the diode when your DRL's are on your headlights relay will be activated so the headlights will be on during the day, thats not good. The diode keeps the DRL's from turning on the headlights but allows the headlights to turn on the DRL's, electricicy can only flow in one direction thru the diode.

rockstarbass1

Gottcha thanks! Let me know when ya get a chance what one I need and I'll run to radio shack and grab it and solder one in. I take it the ends of the wire just get stuck down into the area the relay goes nothing fancy or special?

Fish

Get a 200 volt 1 amp diode. And make sure the stripes on the diode are on the side of the parking light relay ( I've been saying headlight relay but I meant parking light relay ). And yes just stuff the wire under the correct prong of the relay and push it in.

Cajun_Tiger_Hummer

I don't think I ever asked, how are those Iroks on the road?

I can 100% honestly say. The overall ride quality, suspension and tires...tire noise, is excellent. I'll be buying another set of Iroks once these wear down. Tires were brand new when i bought the truck so i have a couple years before i need to buy new ones.

Cajun_Tiger_Hummer

Thanks fish! Please let me know asap what diode so I can do it!

Cajun tiger, I want to but two hold backs. One the price of a the tires and knowing what will still work good on snow/pavement because its my daily driver right now in winter. And two if that big of a tire will wear out my suspension parts faster or if gearing will be an issue! (But I was thinking about going 40x14.5r20 with the super swamper m-16 tires because they have a favor in price of almost 200$ea vs others)

I hear you. My H2 is my daily drive and I've only had her for 3 months. Daily driving, she drives great. I couldn't tell you how it would handle in snow. Suspension parts will wear quicker, this is a trade off for any lifted vehicle. I do have HD tie rods and Fab tech steering stabilizer (not the dual set up), which does help with the larger tires. Anything 38" and larger you will need to re-gear. I'm still running stock 4.10's but i also have a programmer, straight exhaust and intake and my H2 isn't slow. With that said, i'm only getting 8.8 mpg. I was getting 7.4 mpg. Once I do re-gear, i'm going to 5.13's and hopefully that should get me at least 10 mpg.

Also, i like the M-16 tires. Can't go wrong with either. How much you found the m-16's for? B/C pricing on the Iroks are about $565 to $600 a tire.

Last edited: