• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

What do you think it would cost to have all four fenders repainted?

BW_Hummer H3

Must be something with CE's paint jobs. My passenger side fenders and faux air intakes are starting to fade pretty bad.

Ghostbuster

hmmm maybe I've started to rub the paint off by hand washing it a lot in the past five months of owning it lol..

My neighbor jinked me I guess. One day he told me that I was gonna rub the paint off of it because I washed it so much... I guess he was right lol

But the paint everywhere else is fine.

Do any of you guys have rock chips in the part of the rear fenders that is on the doors? I do.

amrg

I have them on both trucks. The front tires grab alot of rocks and through them on the back. Since I inatalled the sliders I got more chips since the nerf bars used to block most of the rocks flying!

Pappibri

Yeah, mine has alot of rock road rash as well. Especially when you go with 35's and have aftermarket rims that push the tires out more. :no:

I agree with IISPEEDYII, clear plastic dip protects all those surfaces, and if you need or want it to have that shiny look, just add the gloss/shiny dip over he clear one (for some reason the clear seems thicker, that's why I advise both)

Scarsman

Sponsor
H3slate did his in color matched LineX. His only issue was the place did not use the uv additive and it started to yellow after a couple years. Works great though. No rock chips and it even strengthens the flares.

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ours are chipped up but no fading on the paint. If you took the fenders off and took them to the shop so they didn't have to do a bunch of masking it shouldn't cost more than a few hundred bucks to spray the fenders.

BW_Hummer H3

Maybe it is from washing it to much. I wash mine a lot. Lol Mine I'm pretty sure has stayed outside the whole time, not in a garage. At least since I've had it. My fenders are only faded on the side where the sun hits them when its parked. I have rock chips too.

Best4x4

My wife's Victory Red H3 has slightly faded air intake covers, and the tops of the fenders. I'm going to paint the air intake covers black since I think that looks cool/unique, but eventually I may get the flares redone if they get really bad.

IISPEEDYII

My wife's Victory Red H3 has slightly faded air intake covers, and the tops of the fenders. I'm going to paint the air intake covers black since I think that looks cool/unique, but eventually I may get the flares redone if they get really bad.

Just did that last weekend, it looks like they were meant to be that color honestly.

Happy Hummer

Try herculiner or wally world's bed liner. There's also raptor line as well as others. Can be done at home. Not willing to pay a few hundred.

Chris

derian06

Red Rockett
Try herculiner or wally world's bed liner. There's also raptor line as well as others. Can be done at home. Not willing to pay a few hundred.

Chris

Go raptor liner, you won't be disappointed. Also there won't be streaks, which I love because both rustoleum and plasti-dip left streaks for me.