• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Kyle's Avalanche Build

Kyle

Well i decided to start a build thread on the avalanche since things are starting to get done too it! so far ive done front bumper modifications, HID off road lights, 33s and i took the side steps off because those are lame! Mods in the future will be 50inch light bar, new headlights, and skid plates because there is none under this thing! here are the pics!

And for Ed, here are the areas in the rear where it rubs not bad at all!

And you might want to relocate the hitch plug!

Kyle

i forgot about this thread and 06h3 and i have been doing some major mods to the avalanche so i might as well give some updates. 06h3 helped me build a custom roof rack, hi-lift jack mounted, and tons more Off road lights, a 52inch led bar, (2) 10inch bars and (2) duallys. and a 2 inch lift in the front! ill be posting pics soon!

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
Kyle texted me about his 52in bar and his desire for a rack. I did a quick search and found out that 2 harbor freight ATV racks, some square tubing and some time will make something unique and different. Since those pics he has his hi lift mounted up there, now we need to cut the zip ties on the light bar for the "test look" and build a mount for it. He also needs to get some expanded flooring for the rack and then its done!

These suckers are long, like an H3T. Hes got a leveling kit on it but my vote is later he should look into a 5in lift for it. Its crazy how the price drops when your not dealing with torsion bars, lifting with coil springs front and rear drops the price. For $999 you can get a quality 5in lift. H3 guys would die for that. If you wait for a sale Im sure you can knock some more off that. 5in lift, 35s and the g80 auto locker you have in the rear you can do some good wheeling, still have a good on road truck and have it be well rounded. I have no doubt with a lift, 35s some skids and sliders he can run gold mountain. I know a friend who used to wheel with the older gen avalanche but his was the 2500 model so it was 8 lug with a 14 bolt out back the massive front diff, a front locker/stock g80 locker out back and 37s he ran john bull. Thats getting crazy though just some lift will help out a ton on a truck that long.

Even when we pulled out a bunch of trucks back a few months ago we sent him to drag out an f150 with a broken tie rod while I stayed back to help some other people and I was shocked at how well the avalanche did. Its a sleeper