• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Badlands or Cliffs

H3nightrod

I wanted to post this up and see if anyone is interested in a October trail run. We could probably do Badlands in Attica IN, or Cliffs insane terrain.

anyone up for a Saturday or Sunday run?

rsc

Too far for me. Plus I have problems with IL, they don't like guns and I do. I would travel to Missouri though.

Pappibri

I might be down. Depends on if I can get some stuff cleared up before then and the closer to Michigan of the two would be better for me

digglesworth

18th is no go for me. Roger, look up Flat Nasty in Missouri. We have an MO4WD event there the weekend of the 18/19th... Some people are going down friday and camping Fri night too. Not sure how much further it is from smorr for ya...

rsc

18th is no go for me. Roger, look up Flat Nasty in Missouri. We have an MO4WD event there the weekend of the 18/19th... Some people are going down friday and camping Fri night too. Not sure how much further it is from smorr for ya...
Its only 300 miles, just under 5 hrs. That's an easy drive, but the park doesn't look very easy. Looks like it lives up to its name. I wasn't able to find any videos of it that weren't full of racy buggies, or dedicated offroad rigs. Are you guys taking stockers there??? Unfortunately I won't be able to tag along, I have to be in Dallas that weekend. :(

Woodtick

I will put this out there? Who ever wants to crash at my cabin next weekend is welcome . It's 400 miles north of Chicago . In the Ottawa Nat forest,in the UP of MI. Thousands of miles of trails. It's a fancy joint, electricity and running water. There are a few trucks going up,so I have room if you don't want to drive up alone. A lot of room on the way back,have to bring back a truck I bought last time up.

Last edited:

digglesworth

Its only 300 miles, just under 5 hrs. That's an easy drive, but the park doesn't look very easy. Looks like it lives up to its name. I wasn't able to find any videos of it that weren't full of racy buggies, or dedicated offroad rigs. Are you guys taking stockers there??? Unfortunately I won't be able to tag along, I have to be in Dallas that weekend. :(

Yeah it's a club event. Lots of 4 runners, a few Fjs and stuff. I've never been before so I have no idea what to expect.

H3nightrod

So very tempting!!!!!!
Convoy anyone?????

I will ill have my wife, 8 yr old son and 4 yr old daughter..... Should be filled with non stop exciting moments!!!

H3nightrod

So we are half way thru October and still no mud!! Is anyone interested in next Saturday 10/25 for Badlands in Attica IN? CJ you in?

SkidRow

If my back gets better, put me down as a maybe. Life has has me tied down way too much this summer and fall. I desperately need to cut the cord one weekend.

digglesworth

If my back gets better, put me down as a maybe. Life has has me tied down way too much this summer and fall. I desperately need to cut the cord one weekend.

Did you rip those nerf bars off yet??? Lol.
I may be in for the 25th. I've got new leaf springs going in tomorrow and I might try to make the local club outting on sunday. I should be able to get out next Saturday... It's just such a long freakin drive.

SkidRow

Did you rip those nerf bars off yet??? Lol.
I may be in for the 25th. I've got new leaf springs going in tomorrow and I might try to make the local club outting on sunday. I should be able to get out next Saturday... It's just such a long freakin drive.

I know, right? Its coming.. I no longer pick up the kids every day from daycare so they are just paper weights at this point.

And as far as the pain killers, I was a grunt. I don't think they work on me anymore. At this point I can't commit to the 25th...yet. I should know Wednesday or so.

cgalpha08

"Like Nothing Else"
Sorry guys, im out. Ill be in NY that weekend visiting family, dont worry I will burning gas all the way there and back just for the cause!!

Woodtick

I just got the mud and sand cleaned off from the UP trip. I think the Cliffs are closer for the IL boys. I would be more willing to go there. 45 min ride for me. Diggle , I would think that is a 3 hour ride for you?

Last edited:

H3nightrod

Cliff or badlands is fine for me. Do we want to vote on what park??
Badlands is 3 hrs and cliffs about half that for me.

Woodtick

The cliffs is half the size of Badlands . Diggle, you could make a weekend out of it. You could camp and hike Starved Rock? Not sure I would drive 4 hour,just to go to the Cliffs.