• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Cheapest 37" tires

derian06

Red Rockett
I'm thinking about selling my current rim/tire combo and buying some 16.5" rims and buying some re-tread tires.
64a0dfe2ff5a863710180cc6d98e05e0.jpg
019633a3b818a4f347ddc37fb7753b0e.jpg
thoughts on this? I'm sure I could get atleast 1200$ for all 5 of my bfg km2's. And 4 rims and 4 tires would be around 900$. I could even grab some H1 beadlocks with 37's for 800$ but then I would have to buy some wheel adapters to run 8 lug bolt pattern.

IISPEEDYII

would the 8 lug thing be a problem.... i would seriously look into doing this set up in a heart beat... waiting for others to chime in

derian06

Red Rockett
would the 8 lug thing be a problem.... i would seriously look into doing this set up in a heart beat... waiting for others to chime in

If you just bought a set of wheel adapters from motorsporttech I don't see why it would be. Heres another 600$ for military tires and rims 8 lug.
9a79d36016ecf368d6624bed922f371a.jpg
18fef8cd394b24d114688563988d9d11.jpg

IISPEEDYII

If you just bought a set of wheel adapters from motorsporttech I don't see why it would be. Heres another 600$ for military tires and rims 8 lug.
9a79d36016ecf368d6624bed922f371a.jpg
18fef8cd394b24d114688563988d9d11.jpg

So all I would need is the adapters? and of course I would have to lift it before I put them on. Also I have the i5 so there would be some draw backs there I assume also.

derian06

Red Rockett
So all I would need is the adapters? and of course I would have to lift it before I put them on. Also I have the i5 so there would be some draw backs there I assume also.

If this works I would much rather do this than save up 3,000$ for some rims and tires. I know you can buy 6x5.5 to 8 lug adapters, and i'm sure motorsport would be more than happy to make them for the H3.

Bananatank

Is that why I see tire carcasses all around So Cal freeways from semis? But, they won't put a retread tire on the front tires. Wonder why?

I gotta agree on this point. Derian i was looking at retreads as well but they have so many good/ bad reviews about lasting for so long and blowing out quickly. Idk if i would risk it. Thats just me tho

Panzer07

Sorry if I rain in anybody's parade here...but I'd personally don't get this military tire...although the military uses them, it doesn't mean that they will be great, ( if you guys don't know by now the dod usually goes with the lowest bidders when getting equipment). Anyways I'm speaking out of personal experiences...I have had bad experience while driving the M1151 using these tires, so far I gotten 3 flats while in Afghanistan and 2 while in garrison...they have no sidewalk protection and are prone to puncture if you want to do any serious rock crawl like the one that some of the the guys in SoCal have done...now for the price the rims would be great I haven't got problems with them...my bitching is just when it comes to the rubber.

"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you; that is the principal difference between a dog and a man."
-Mark Twain-

IISPEEDYII

Sorry if I rain in anybody's parade here...but I'd personally don't get this military tire...although the military uses them, it doesn't mean that they will be great, ( if you guys don't know by now the dod usually goes with the lowest bidders when getting equipment). Anyways I'm speaking out of personal experiences...I have had bad experience while driving the M1151 using these tires, so far I gotten 3 flats while in Afghanistan and 2 while in garrison...they have no sidewalk protection and are prone to puncture if you want to do any serious rock crawl like the one that some of the the guys in SoCal have done...now for the price the rims would be great I haven't got problems with them...my bitching is just when it comes to the rubber.

"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you; that is the principal difference between a dog and a man."
-Mark Twain-

Would just picking up the rims be a good option then? or no

derian06

Red Rockett
Is that why I see tire carcasses all around So Cal freeways from semis? But, they won't put a retread tire on the front tires. Wonder why?

I thought semi's used re-capped tires not re-tread. Or are those the same things? All i know is i've read about plenty of jeepers that run this combo and love it.

Panzer07

Would just picking up the rims be a good option then? or no

I would think so since they are beadlock...and really heavy duty,but only if you can get them for really cheap...I think the main problem would be finding variety tires on 16.5 rims...but idk I haven't really look up for 16.5 rim tires.

-Mark Twain-

derian06

Red Rockett

-Mark Twain-

That's a scare, i know there are supposedly more expensive re-treads that are made on tires with a tougher sidewall. But the beadlocks with run flat inserts would definitely be nice.

cgalpha08

"Like Nothing Else"
But they are expensive, cheapest 37's i've found with a 17 and up rim is around 360$ each.
I'm not necessarily talking about price here, just availability, when your spare is shot and you stop by a small town tire shop, 16.5 is probably low on their list and so is probably a 37 but the likelihood you'll find a tire that fits a 16 or 17 inch rim us much higher

Zach

Mall Crawler
You are pretty limited in 16.5 for tires. And the people selling them cheap, check the date codes. Don't know why you want to get rid of the KM2's. There are an awesome tire for wheeling. On my second set, soon to be third. I've got some serious gouges in the sidewall and never punctured. Knock on wood.

derian06

Red Rockett
I'm not necessarily talking about price here, just availability, when your spare is shot and you stop by a small town tire shop, 16.5 is probably low on their list and so is probably a 37 but the likelihood you'll find a tire that fits a 16 or 17 inch rim us much higher

That is true, most of the 16.5"'s i've found are re-treads.

IISPEEDYII

I would think so since they are beadlock...and really heavy duty,but only if you can get them for really cheap...I think the main problem would be finding variety tires on 16.5 rims...but idk I haven't really look up for 16.5 rim tires.

-Mark Twain-
Do they come in another size other than 16.5? And what tire size would i need for those rims. They're selling them for 84 bucks which isn't bad, I just would be thrilled to run beadlocks, doesn't have to be 37s, id run 35s, but i just need a tire that fits the rim

Panzer07

Do they come in another size other than 16.5? And what tire size would i need for those rims. They're selling them for 84 bucks which isn't bad, I just would be thrilled to run beadlocks, doesn't have to be 37s, id run 35s, but i just need a tire that fits the rim

I don't think they come in another size other than 16.5'...and that's good price for the rims IMO and any tire size would fit as long as they are meant to be run on 16.5'

-Mark Twain-

IISPEEDYII

I don't think they come in another size other than 16.5'...and that's good price for the rims IMO and any tire size would fit as long as they are meant to be run on 16.5'

-Mark Twain-

I might do this, I just have to find viable options for tires, and some good spacers.

derian06

Red Rockett

Those pro-comp rims aren't beadlocks, the H1 rims are.

derian06

Red Rockett
You are pretty limited in 16.5 for tires. And the people selling them cheap, check the date codes. Don't know why you want to get rid of the KM2's. There are an awesome tire for wheeling. On my second set, soon to be third. I've got some serious gouges in the sidewall and never punctured. Knock on wood.

the main reason is that I want to move up to a 37" tire. The km2's are absolutely amazing, although I was planning on going with the duratrac or mt/r with kevlar. Just to see the differences in them.

Zach

Mall Crawler
the main reason is that I want to move up to a 37" tire. The km2's are absolutely amazing, although I was planning on going with the duratrac or mt/r with kevlar. Just to see the differences in them.

I would stray away from durarurds. And I don't think they make a 37. Talk to 06 H3 about them. He's got bad history. And one I saw, pretty flat area