• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Any bodybuilders/lifters here?

derian06

Red Rockett
Like the OP. I was a fatass. Made a life change in 03. Had 2 heart attacks in 11. Won a powerlifting comp in 12. Year to the day I was dead. Had another heart attack in 12. Heaviest fat weight was 270. Heaviest lean weight. 267. I'm 225 here.
ebe0ee437b2e79327b8d665a4065fe01.jpg

Danm dude, you're a beast. Nice work.

High Five H2

man I need to get back into lifting... tell you what, after work today I'm going to get a gym membership. someone please follow up with me. we can help each other to get healthy and eat right.

RFG

Thanks its not easy. But it's worth it. Diet us the key.
Summer time I sport a full six pack. Right now. Its a 4 pack. Lol.
40706378a7551492356d31d26b267495.jpg

derian06

Red Rockett
Thanks its not easy. But it's worth it. Diet us the key.
Summer time I sport a full six pack. Right now. Its a 4 pack. Lol.
40706378a7551492356d31d26b267495.jpg

What do you set your macros/calories at? How many meals a day? Seems like you're doing something right!

USMC_315

my current stats

height: 5'11''
weight: 175 lbs
body fat: 15ish%
max bench: 200lbs
max squat: 405lbs

i work out 5-6 days a week at golds

Last edited:

RFG

Macros are at 40/40/20 winter time. I allow more carbs. Summer I'll start on a keto set for 30/45 days. Then to carb cycling.

I'm 5'11" right now I'm at 230. Only a 4 pack. My biggest was 268 @ 12% ish. Best was 225 @ 9%.

This was last summer. I hover at this size most of the time. 225.
75c15f6ab5c441ff3514e58158923fad.jpg

derian06

Red Rockett
Might as well bump the thread, got out of my year and 4 month long relationship a month ago. (Thank goodness) so I actually started the meal plan back up. Some progress back and arms are looking bigger. Getting leaner. For anyone looking for a easy meal plan it's
7:00am Morning: shake (50g protein) & 1Tbs peanut butter
9:51am Snack: 1 Questbar (21g protein)
12:00pm Lunch: shake (50g protein) or 8oz meat w 4oz carbs
1:51pm Snack: 1 Questbar (21g protein)
4:00pm Supps: Creatine, fat burner, Non-stim pre-workout, & Amino Acids during workout
5:30pm Pre-Dinner: 8oz meat w Veggies
8:00pm Dinner: 8oz meat w Veggies
10:30pm Late night snack: Shake, Questbar, or 8oz meat

Been making ALL KINDZ OF GAINZ on this meal plan. I'm lucky enough to still have a ton of Test still flowing through my veins. But i've had the flu for the past week so i've been slacking.

afd57a15b5f92504ea928e0321d7a402.jpg

Last edited:
I tore a bicep muscle about 4 weeks ago, had to get immediate surgery about 3 weeks ago... I hate not being able to go to the gym yet.

High Five H2

I've been wanting to get back into lifting and stuff for a while. I quit drinking soda a while ago and my I lost about 2 lbs. I also quit taking a prescription that was making me really unmotivated. I went in for a yearly checkup and the doctor acted like I was being really stupid or something for wanting a checkup and she never did call in my prescription or actually do the checkup. I was not happy about that. it's for effexor, and the withdrawals are really strange so I was scared to quit taking it but I'm really glad I did. Now I really miss lifting weights and listening to pantera. I think I'm going to get a membership tomorrow. so.. thanks for the motivation, I guess! I need it! my wife will be happy. she's tired of my gut, I think.

Thanks cgalpha08, it a total of 6 weeks wearing and arm brace that looks like I'm a terminator, and then 6 weeks physical therapy they say. Well I'm planing on jumpin on at least the thread mill in a week and I'm sure I can do stomach exercises too. I hate not being able to work out.

RFG

I tore a bicep muscle about 4 weeks ago, had to get immediate surgery about 3 weeks ago... I hate not being able to go to the gym yet.
I've torn both of mine deadlifting. Fortunately it was a muscle/tendon tear. Not tendon bone. My biceps have dents. But I can pull and curl the same. No issues. Hope ya heal up fast. Injuries suck.

I've been on my keto diet fr going in 6 weeks. Planned average loss was 2# a week. I'm dead on. Saturday weigh in I should hit 221. Started at 233. I'm going to drop to 210. Abs coming in nice. Then I'll switch the diet to carb cycling.

chaos254

Injuries are tough. I had back surgery a year ago and its been tough getting back to where I was. Good luck with your recovery

owlxxx

I just kinda like how I feel and look. that's my motivation. It's become part of my day like brushing my teeth, taking a shower, eating lunch, going to work.

Panzer07

I just kinda like how I feel and look. that's my motivation. It's become part of my day like brushing my teeth, taking a shower, eating lunch, going to work.

Never toughs of it that way...but then again I fail to brush my teeth or shower every now and then lol jk

Torres

derian06

Red Rockett
At the end of last month (2 months in) i'm down 23lbs of fat and up 13lbs of muscle. My results have been amazing. This is all measured by my nutritionalist, by a 9 point bf test. Thank goodness for teenage testosterone

Last edited: