• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Any bodybuilders/lifters here?

derian06

Red Rockett
I'm just curious to see if there is anyone on here that really enjoys bodybuilding, weight training, crossfit, eating healthy, or power lifting. I sure have enjoyed it over the last 4 years of my life. I'm wondering
If anyone else has experienced the transformation I have. I was overweight since I was little and it turned into this.
694f164b9f63859423fa848f0a86bc12.jpg
then to this
2dab1e4e53c5eac8ccc6fde7aa3ded13.jpg
then diet and exercise kicked in and i turned into this
1f89bf54282caa7d22310f2752e02e10.jpg
from here i got bigger
ffddc82244d43495de156253e127a8b2.jpg
i started taking it really seriously 6'0" 195lbs at 16%bf 15 Years old.
1ae987f16476d330cdad2d7a96574b5e.jpg
then less serious on diet but still getting bigger
db65b5e55d59b729999bd6b421e01098.jpg
even less serious and stopped going for awhile. This is the most recent picture at 6'2" 244lbs (excuse my flexing face)
2b598430407cd1b2f8bdf0a5dbbda6f5.jpg
now that i've gotten my car under control, i'm starting to go back to my meal plan and my regular 6 days a week of lifting!

Last edited:

Panzer07

Does curling, or constantly up and down reps of a 40 oz beer or a 1.75 liter liquor bottle counts as being a lifter here ?. If so count me in !!!

"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you; that is the principal difference between a dog and a man."
-Mark Twain-

derian06

Red Rockett
Does curling, constantly raising up and down a 40 oz beer or a 1.75 liter liquor bottle counts a lifter here. If so count me in !!!

"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you; that is the principal difference between a dog and a man."
-Mark Twain-

Haha! Not your average workout, i like the ingenuity!

Panzer07

Haha! Not your average workout, i like the ingenuity

It gets harder the more up and down reps you get in that's for sure. Lol
Couple months ago someone brought his super duper hardcore operator status workout. Enjoy if you haven't already.
http://youtu.be/1XlH7as17tc

-Mark Twain-

derian06

Red Rockett
It gets harder the more up and down reps you get in that's for sure. Lol
Couple months ago someone brought his super duper hardcore operator status workout. Enjoy if you haven't already.
http://youtu.be/1XlH7as17tc

-Mark Twain-

Never seen it, I must be cut out to be a ranger, because that is me in the gym.

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
I dont lift much, maybe once every few months? lol but I do have some weird strength that I can lift heavy ass car parts even when other people who are way stronger struggle. I just run and play basketball. 6'5" 195.

My brother on the other hand is crazy when it comes to lifting. Hes gotten pretty big but he is crazy with the diet, watching every thing that he eats and goes to the gym in the morning and at night during summer and winter break when school is out. During the school year with work and school he only goes once a day

High Five H2

I've been lifting weights on and off, never seriously or enough for any real gains for years and years. I got a lot more serious about 3 years ago. I was running, doing krav maga, and lifting a lot. I made some good gains and got pretty shredded. I got off track a bit and then went through a divorce and I haven't been serious about it for about 2 years now. I really want to get back into it but I haven't figured out how to work it into my schedule. I'd be down for doing a workout buddy type thread. I've done that before on another forum and it went for a few years, last time I checked.

Also, making those kinds of changes and sticking with it is hard. High five (seriously).

chaos254

6'4 235. Had to take about a year off due to a herniated disc. Ended up having back surgery in december and have been back to working out since the doctor gave me the ok.

Ive been slacking lately due to a new job but now I need to get serious.

3rdH3

Amazing transformation. Glad you ditched the goofy haircut and wardrobe too. :) I swim laps daily and lift 3 times a week.

Cajun_Tiger_Hummer

I lift but far from body building. My college days i worked out 5 to 6 days a week and kept a pretty strict diet. (5'9" 208lbs). Now, I'm 30 years old, (5'9" 175 to 183lbs) Work out 3 to 4 days a week and do more cardio than weight lifting. I've switched my focus on staying lean than bulking up. B/c my job is so demanding. I have a lot more energy at this size than i did when I was pounding complex carbs in my college days.

derian06

Red Rockett
My meal plan is currently:
Morning: 8oz eggwhites 1egg and a packet of oats.

10:30 scoop of a nasty amino acid supplement and a carb supplement

12:00 8oz chicken 8oz carbs and a vegetable

4:00 8oz chicken 8oz carbs

Workout: amino acid supp, carb supp, creatine, and sometimes pre workout

6:00 pm 8oz meat 8oz carbs

8-10:00pm 8oz meat

derian06

Red Rockett
I don't take specific calories, i find it as too much of a hassle. On this meal plan I gained 8lbs of muscle and lost 2lbs of fat in one month. That is almost the equivalent of steroids, so I trust it. Then I tweaked it to 6 or 4oz of carbs and it changed to 6lbs of fat lost an 4lbs of muscle gained. Just by looking at it i'm guessing i'm on atleast a 45p/45c/10f split. Give or take 5-10% on each. Calories must be pretty low with such a low fat intake, but i'm gaining mass so i'm either pumped full of hgh from being a teen or i'm in a caloric surplus, or both.

Gains on lifting went through the roof too. I'm weaker now but at 195 and 15 years old my bench was 255 hang clean was 265 squat was 385 and deadlift was 385. Squat is proper form a little below parralel (butt to ankles), as for deadlift... I was almost on a trip to snap city when i maxed never again...

Last edited:

derian06

Red Rockett
6'4 235. Had to take about a year off due to a herniated disc. Ended up having back surgery in december and have been back to working out since the doctor gave me the ok.

Ive been slacking lately due to a new job but now I need to get serious.

I really hope I get up to that size, but i'm pretty positive i've stopped growing. Never had a spurt just had constant growth that seems to have stopped.

poweraidon

It's always been on and off for me but I'm gonna take it serious after my knee recovers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

poweraidon

This was when I was kinda serious but wasn't really...

7e49c694076a1345bd75d165d43c8494.jpg

I look nothing like that now lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

poweraidon

The stereotypical shirtless selfie i see. I've never been that lean, at 12% I just looked pretty big, but I didn't have abs or anything.

Haha you already know [emoji6].... Lol start cutting man you'll see those abs in no time

benlaud87

How are you getting these numbers of how much fat you've lost and muscle gained? For the most part gaining muscle while losing fat is not possible. Unless you are a beginner, maybe as a kid, or if your diet, supplementation, and hormones are spot on you can have minimal fat loss while gaining muscle. The important thing is just to check for visual progress at your stage. Don't worry about any fat percentage. Unless it's a hydrostatic test, it's BS anyways. I have around 8% and I still think I'm fat. It's pretty disturbing when I think about it.

derian06

Red Rockett
As for taking it seriously, i was going to after wrestling season. But during wrestling season I lost all my gains and got lazy. I was mad that I lost my gains and our weight lifting was made up of stupid sets and useless exercises. I made all my gains doing my own 5x5 and 3x10 sets of good lifts like bench and squat and deadlifts and rows. The stuff my coach gave us, I gained nothing. It was like a terrible form of crossfit. So i quit, and made gains for awhile but it wasn't the same. Then I got a Hummer... And i moved all my intrest onto auto mechanics. Now i'm trying to find a good balance between my car, my friends, my lifting, and my grades.

derian06

Red Rockett
How are you getting these numbers of how much fat you've lost and muscle gained? For the most part gaining muscle while losing fat is not possible. Unless you are a beginner, maybe as a kid, or if your diet, supplementation, and hormones are spot on you can have minimal fat loss while gaining muscle. The important thing is just to check for visual progress at your stage. Don't worry about any fat percentage. Unless it's a hydrostatic test, it's BS anyways. I have around 8% and I still think I'm fat. It's pretty disturbing when I think about it.

Mr.Alabama took my bf% using a caliper. He owns the gym I go to, really great guy. And he was a Hummer owner, he had a big ol black H2 with a gobi rack and a light bar. He was one of the main reasons I really started looking for a hummer. Sadly he moved onto a lifted F-350 king ranch vinyl wrapped with gladiators as an advertisement for his gym. It looks great.

I'm guessing i'm at around 20%bf right now and that needs to slowly go down into the low 10's. I'm a believer of lean bulking by far. Not stages of bulk/cuts.

As for the truthful ness of my gains, i'm almost completely positive from the way I looked and the tests given. I was amazed, it literally is almost like I was on steroids. Maybe my supps had some hidden ingredients... You know how people say it takes 3 months to have a noticeable change to other people? People were commenting on my gains ever couple of weeks and I also have the size measurements of how much size I gained in each area.

The test was an 8-10 point test I believe not a 3 point.

I ate so much I would be about to puke every meal and I hated it. But well worth it. All complex carbs and lean meats. So i had a low GI all the time. Bench went from 145 to 265 in about a year and a half. Squat went from 185-385. Deadlift went from 225-385. Hang clean went from the bar to 265.

Right now i'm just on the average chest tri's shoulders, back bi's, lower body split. And sometimes extra calfs/forearms on sundays or my lacking parts. (I'm looking for a new better plan/workout).

I really miss lifting now that we're all talking about it. I'm definitely going to hit this meal plan hard.

Last edited: