• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Head unit won't come on

SolidusJ

Well after 3 days with fighting with the T I think my BCM is bad. The head unit just stopped working so I pulled the whole GMOS-1 and redid the harness still nothing, GMOS-1 box is still working, fuse on the T and the head unit still good and now I have a new head unit (no big deal I've been wanting a new one anyway) and now the power wire from the truck harness has zero power. Last two nights I have been going to sleep at 2AM and tons of reading over at 355. Everything points to the BCM but it just the head unit that's not getting power, everything else is working just fine and I can not live without my music... no seriously my Soldiers drive me nuts and driving the T with the music is the only the keeps me in line.

Happy Hummer

Trying cleaning the board with contact circuit clean and tooth brush.
I've had several boards in components when cleaned have worked again.

Jmho

Chris

SolidusJ

Cleaned off the area with that crap on it but it's ok. I need a COMPLETE map of the BCM and then I'll be doing this.

[video=youtube;VFTXuk3X94M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFTXuk3X94M[/video]

SolidusJ

OK I got some good news and some bad, I'll be a SOB I put dielectric grease on the harness after a full day in cleaning the BCM and fuse box I have power to the radio and passenger side windows. Bad new is the radio only comes on with the T running. Also the old head unit still works.