• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

"Sinister" 08 Alpha Build

derian06

Red Rockett
35's about to be put on
4fbd4d58978cda689ea1bc805ea03885.jpg
d03727f076bc277553eda38fc35f27e7.jpg
e3bdc72dc7ac7a00d3b7106db53d69b7.jpg
45fbed929d1becdd71f45d824bb8cc4a.jpg
1f1b2913cd7fd9a1aa3ef5f7dc9f1261.jpg

It actually doesn't look that bad anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
8e2f3b70f4f3e193723d4e52fa369a7a.jpg
jfyh

Last edited:

derian06

Red Rockett
2449068e1cc7caf564f444a6ad04ffbc.jpg
I hate to say this, but the chrome actually isn't terrible. Still going to line-x though.

zackcrum

Yea not bad at all! But it would clash once you started adding black accessories. Are the fenders being red linex a choice?

derian06

Red Rockett
I'm stuck, line-x is going to be around 1000$ for all the chrome. I'm wondering if I should just keep the chrome or get a thorparts bumper. Or even a tune and I could start with my oracles/projectors. My backup camera works perfectly now for some odd reason but i'm happy!

So I have almost 1000$ what mods are best? I know its personal preference, but I would like to hear all your opinions.

derian06

Red Rockett
Yea not bad at all! But it would clash once you started adding black accessories. Are the fenders being red linex a choice?

I was actually going to do my skids and the metal part between the tow hooks in red. Then I was going to do everything else black.

Cajun_Tiger_Hummer

I'm stuck, line-x is going to be around 1000$ for all the chrome. I'm wondering if I should just keep the chrome or get a thorparts bumper. Or even a tune and I could start with my oracles/projectors. My backup camera works perfectly now for some odd reason but i'm happy!

So I have almost 1000$ what mods are best? I know its personal preference, but I would like to hear all your opinions.

Dulpicolor Bedliner. They have it at Lowes/Home Depot.

Tap'd did his with it. I'm doing my interior trim with it.

$1000. You can go with a Tune and UCP or A hidden winch set up would be use useful. Just in case you swamp it again. LOL

zackcrum

Get the cbphoto winch mount and a winch then buy spay can liner for the grill and other misc. Parts. Leave the fenders until you can get them professionally done

chad

Yea I would just spray can the chrome. Not plastidip. I personally don't like to plastidip anything just the good ole permanent stuff. Rock rails would be good, super chips or maybe the most important for you is the snorkel!!!

benlaud87

If you are going to do a DIY bedliner just use a 2 part product such as monstaliner, or raptor liner. Monstaliner would be easiest since it is even recommended to be rolled on rather than sprayed. With the 2 part products the "paint" will actually cure and harden where as the other single stage products always seem to be brittle, similar to single stage paints vs 2k paint.

derian06

Red Rockett
Anyone have links for UCP and Rock Rails? Also I would like the link for 1.75" wheel spacers, if anyone has it.

I'm leaning towards Super chips and some form of protection. Maybe even a roof rack.

I do have one problem, I don't have keys to the roof rails.

Also if I were to not go with line-x for all the small parts then I would want something that looks similar. Line-x for all the small parts would be about 500 then the fenders would be another 500. Also I would have to take everything off myself.

Tomorrow i'll crank the T-bars and get an alignment. Or i'll mount my light bar up. Anyone want to buy some 1" wheel spacers? I bought them for like 120$ or something and i'd sell them for 60$ plus shipping.

Last edited:

derian06

Red Rockett
I ended up getting a superchips programer, and some supplies. G2 caliper paint, plasti-dip, vht nightshade and clear coat, wipe new, and a GM4004 wiring harness for my radio. I'm about 425$ in now.

Cajun_Tiger_Hummer

What is the name of the ones that stick out a bit almost like steps? The only ones i've seen is the rocky road outfitters and schwarttzy's but if I remember his are 600$ for one.

$295 each, so $590 for the set.

Don't know how much shipping is though.

His sliders stick out as well.

derian06

Red Rockett
Some things came in today! All that is left is my superchips tuners and my G2 caliper paint. I also have motosports 1.75" wheel spacers on the way. The T-bar crank is causing my km2's to rub. And oh yeah, I cranked the T bars.
03cdba95308c9468474b6c0999f95226.jpg
i'll try to get a better picture, this one doesn't do the difference justice.
439b6dcf11cd976b292b8ff81bf840e1.jpg
I have it set at 24" I think I need to move it down to 23.75 or 23.5 the ride is too rough.

I'll most likely have my OEM bumpstops for sale after I put in the trail duty ones. If the ride improves.

I'm going to try to install my old radio and light bar this weekend.

Last edited:

Bananatank

Well this is all coming together really fast lol looks awesome! Can you send me a video with that muffler delete?

06 yellow h3 called "bananatank",