• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Daily driving H1?

Kurt

They should be ok off road only tires. From talking with other H1 owners you are lucky to get a few thousand miles of of them for general use. There's a guy on the HML who is having warranty issues with them at the moment.

The problem I have with pitbull is they are a subcontracted tire brand, so if you have Q/C or warranty issues, they [Pitbull] has to go to the factory/subcontractor to see what they will do.

To be honest many of the smaller tire brands are all subcontracted to larger tire manufacturers.

If you can get the aftermarket tire warranty like 4 wheel parts which is a retail warranty it should be ok [if the tires crap out, 4WP will give you new ones].

Personally I stick with companies that make their own tires.. BFG, Toyo, Yokohama seem to have the best Q/C on our trucks for 37"+ general use. I never had much luck with good year MTR/MT's over the years.

Kurt

They are made in the US, it's like super swampers/interco, they often don't make their own tires, they design them, brand them and pay for the molds/tooling and get a run done by a larger plant. Many niche/specialty tire companies do this.

GreatDaneHummer

At first I thought the weight of them 85 lbs for 35x12.5R17's was really over the top but the more I look around I found tires like the Nitto Mud Grapplers are about the same weight also so now I am thinking the 85 lbs is not too crazy. My 315x75R16 Mickey Thompson Baja Claw TTC's where only 68 lbs though... The MT's are a seriously stiff tire too. There is a good video online of a few H1's in Moab using the 41.5 Pitbulls and they seem to grip like all hell. I only drive 18 miles or so a day so it shouldn't wear them out too much?

shaunkite

I had the bajaclaws on my first truck. They looked cool, but rode awful, never wanted to balance, and wore down quick.

GreatDaneHummer

I have a totally different experience with mine. 2.8 ounces on the worst one to balance, ride has been smooth but you do feel the void / vibration at very slow speeds, off road they are amazing and ran 15k miles on mine with only going down to 16/17 out of 20.5 tread depth. Only reason I am selling mine is I want to try something different. I change tires like shoes.

shaunkite

I had mine on 15 years ago, maybe they improved them since then. I'll always be a fan of BFGs because I've gotten the most life out of them. When I bought my H1, it came with Cooper Discoverer STT's which I originally planned to change to MTRs, but have actually been very impressed with them both on and off road and may just buy a new set.

GreatDaneHummer

I really like the new looks of the new SST Pro they came out with. Many people from the Jeep community are changing over to them from the Nitto Trail Grapplers that are so over priced.

Monk

Probationary Member
I had regular super swampers 39.5x13.5x16.5 and lol last a year, my irok bias 39.5s ,lasted 2 years at least, but I drive daily hwy

Monk

Probationary Member
Ya, the swampers aren't my fav , lol when they were newer, when cold felt like they were square until it heated up round.. They stayed more round as time went but wow new, I had to drive like 5kph , till warmed,.
i just reordered another set of my 39.5x13.5x16.5 Iroks , they tend to flat spot not to bad,, itsmore so the "look" I like, big fat tires , plus I keep air pressure up,

funny thing i musta replaced everything , springs,shocked,pitman,idler arm,uppers and lows,
land this swampers cup bad,
i didn't see any cupping on the iroks,well mega minor
I'm sure in a couple years I'll upgrade to a 17" wheel and radials... I'm thinking this is my last bias ply run, hehe

Last edited: