• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Any interest in an H40 Arkansas event?

zackcrum

Do we have any sort of timeline for this event yet? As far as meet up time or which day is the main wheeling day? The girlfriend wants to come so I have to rethink my strategy or just give her mud boots and a camera[emoji1]

Ghostbuster

Yes, mud boots and a camera for sure!

I was thinking of a meet and greet, then maybe exploring Hot Springs, or the off road park a little bit on Saturday afternoon. Then Sunday would be the main wheeling day, starting at 9am and lasting until whenever. This would allow plenty of time for people to explore Hot Springs some more after wheeling, and also allow people plenty of time to drive back home to get some rest before work Monday morning.

What do y'all think?

poweraidon

If you need a place to stay, you are more then welcome to crash at my house. Thats almost half way to Arkansas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I still lived in Mississippi I would've totally gone but Georgia is just too far of a drive... But thanks for the offer man!

zackcrum

we need more people for this. is anyone bringing nonhummer friends, did anyone get in touch with hunner? Ghostbuster have you ever been to the park before?

MichaelEd72

List needs updating. TAPDH3T and Arkalpha are y'all still going?

Steve#1 and CaseyS maybe

Has this been mentioned on Club Hummer off-road forum?

zackcrum

i havent posted it anywhere else, partly because im only a member of this forum lol. mike you are coming from south haven right? will you be staying saturday night? you and i could possibly meet up and head over there together. i will be coming from Corinth ms across highway 72 so you are on my way. i guess i am staying in a hotel saturday night. i wanted to camp but the girlfriend will not go for that. bummer i know.

MichaelEd72

I can put it on the other forum.
Yep staying Saturday night.If the weather is good Zack,I'm planning on camping( wifey and kids ) unless to hot. Leaving Southaven via I 55, possibly meet up in west Memphis for a convoy. We'll gauge that depending on you what time you make it to Memphis.
Go to you tube search orvpark hot springs. There is a promo vid that give you a good idea on what to expect.

Not able to post on other forum. Sry. I did pm Hunner on that forum( hope that's the same person being talked about on this thread) lol

Last edited:

zackcrum

I sent him a pm earlier today and got nothing. I think he is on instagram so I will send him a message on there and see if I get him. Mike have you been there before? We could do that. Maybe get some poser rolling shots of the trucks on the highway[emoji12] [emoji2]

MichaelEd72

I sent him a pm earlier today and got nothing. I think he is on instagram so I will send him a message on there and see if I get him. Mike have you been there before? We could do that. Maybe get some poser rolling shots of the trucks on the highway[emoji12] [emoji2]

Been to hotSpring but not the orvpark. Good times ahead!!

zackcrum

so hunner messaged me back. he said he would keep this in mind in case his schedule cleared up. unfortunately he said guys in crawlers and buggies with 40+ inch tires had gotten bored and started tearing up the level three and below trails. i will call the park tomorrow and see what they say about trail repair and maintenance(the website says under new management). there is always fun to be had, im not trying to discourage anyone from attending, just putting given information out there.

MichaelEd72

Just called the superlift orvpark, there are 3-4 tent slots (10 dollars a night) open for 20-21
No cabins available ATM (125 a night 2 night min)Trails are maintained to be accurate to the level of difficulty. Sum times due to weather a lvl 4 can turn into a 5 and a 5 can turn into a lvl 4. If they are unable to maintain a trail to the described lvl of difficulty then they change the rating to accommodate the trail.
Sounds like everything should be fine.

arkalpha

I'm out. Sorry, should have posted sooner. I work a 4 on 4 off schedule and that's my week of night shifts. Couldn't find anyone to just swap. Imagine that, no one wanting to give up a weekend and work night shift so I can have a little fun.

Hunner

so hunner messaged me back. he said he would keep this in mind in case his schedule cleared up. unfortunately he said guys in crawlers and buggies with 40+ inch tires had gotten bored and started tearing up the level three and below trails. i will call the park tomorrow and see what they say about trail repair and maintenance(the website says under new management). there is always fun to be had, im not trying to discourage anyone from attending, just putting given information out there.

I need to clarify that I bit.
Back in 06 when I got an H3 I wheeled a lot out there and led several Hummer Happenings for the local dealer.
A friend of mine owns an independent British Car shop and one of his mechanics drove a Land Rover and the other a Cherokee.

We all liked the same difficulty of trails and joined the Arkansas Crawlers as they were the group that supported the park and maintained trails and helped run events.
We even added our own comments to maps of the place as to the difficulty.

As you guys may know, in a H3 Hummer it's best to go slow and have spotters to avoid damage since most of us drive to and from the park as opposed to trailering out what's left!

Over time Mother nature and erosion has changed the park.
I did not mean for it to be interpreted that the Crawlers club were the ones chewing up the trails, really the opposite.
It was the general public from all over.

As the place became more popular people begin running purpose built rigs and it was those by the design and capability that begin the problem as I saw it. That and lack of interest of the management company which soon proved true when it sold.

Just the way it was. We had to move off the level 3 trails to let them pass like we were the problem.

I will run over and meet the new management again and try to get a detailed report on trail condition and see if some of my favorites are still passable.
Hopefully they have restored them.

Not too many people there doing the week and there are places you could be hung up and not be found if they do not adhere to checking the last man out list.
I will make some calls and find out for you guys how things are.

Not too much mud over there except in a purpose built bog or a few holes on the powerline after rain, lots of rocks, sharp rocks.
Give me an idea of how some of you are set up and what level of difficulty you want to run.

When I guided I liked to inform everyone what they were getting into before they felt they were in over their heads.
I won't know that again until I go over there.
It's only about a 30 minute drive for me.

Remember this place was my inspiration for steering rack mod, tie rods and skid plates and choice of 10 ply tires!

I'm glad to see some interest close to home. I did extensive traveling to be with other groups.

Last edited:

MichaelEd72

I got a standard 07 with 33" tires with good maintenance. Also have a z71 lifted with 35" tires. Also do a lot of atving. Mudding/trail riding No problem with me. 8)

zackcrum

Sorry if I made that sound different. I am glad you came in and cleared it up for us! I have a 06 with 35s nothing more. I think that's pretty much how all of the trucks currently going on this trip are set up.