• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

MOAB Fall Run Oct 6-10th 2014 a H40 and BSHS event not to be missed !!!

Neo

Badfish
these are the dates Oct 6th thru Oct 10th. hang out from the 4th through the 12th if you want and longer if needed :wink:

Let's get together this October for the Fall meeting of Black Sheep Hummer Squadron in Moab, Utah. We don't have to worry about 24 Hours of Moab getting in the way this time. As previously discussed - all are welcome.

Most wheeling starts on monday the 6th, with most attendees arriving on Sunday the 5th. Arrive and depart as it fits in your schedule.

A variety of lodging options are available in Moab, including commercial campgrounds, rough camping, hotels (Motel 6 often has the best rates).

also lots of camping here at the outpost.

High Five H2

oh gosh, i wanted to make a trip to moab next year sometime. in the spring, but my wife's due then. maybe I could go in october, that would be completely awesome.

Green 1

Matty Patty Pookie Bear
I am trying to come , I hated to miss the last trip. We still have some unfinished business in Moab. Truck is ready except injection pump which I cannot install yet. After knee surgery just cant get in the positions required so I just cant get it done.

abearden

Lauren and I are a maybe. I've got zero vacation time (burned it moving out of Calistan), but I may be able to swing a weekend and a little bit to say hi. We'll see as October approaches.

derian06

Red Rockett
How could a a standard 5.3L V8/ 3.7L with no lockers and regular skids do. I'm honestly scared to even go to moab without proper protection.

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
It would be better to have UCP and RPP but people have done it without either without any problems. There may be a few things that you bi-pass.

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
If you have the protection then you're set. I did Moab many times w/o lockers or a 4:1 transfer case. Heck, with the money you're investing in the engine it's only a few pennies more to get UCP and rock rails :)

derian06

Red Rockett
If you have the protection then you're set. I did Moab many times w/o lockers or a 4:1 transfer case. Heck, with the money you're investing in the engine it's only a few pennies more to get UCP and rock rails :)

I'm hoping the salvaged alpha has some!

Highatop

Steven an I are in. Think we will be stayin at the Lazy Lizard again. No reservations yet tho.

We will bring the cookies an goldfish. No dates confirmed yet...

Also, Derian06. Mine an 06 base w/out lockers and 4:1 TC. I do have protection tho. Alot of places have a bypasses and then just go slow an steady...

SummitUp

High On Hummers!
Barring any unforeseen circumstances, Kat and I are planning on making this one. Planning on bringing something totally different to wheel with.

Hint: Neo, can I park a flatbed trailer at your house? :)

jakesz28

I have a possible job opportunity that will put me close by. If I'm lucky and they come close to matching my wage I won't miss another Moab/black sheep event.

Neo

Badfish
Barring any unforeseen circumstances, Kat and I are planning on making this one. Planning on bringing something totally different to wheel with.

Hint: Neo, can I park a flatbed trailer at your house? :)

No problem buddy, i heard a rumor about this thing from F5 :thumbs:

looking forward to seeing what it is...

jakesz28

I had talked to them three days in a row, the last call was HR we discussed just about every thing I held off talking wages until I got benefit information and out of pocket expenses. I was trying to determine how much of a pay cut I could take while checking on housing costs.
Then once I told them what I make now I thought I scared them off. But just got an email and it sounds like they are still interested. So hopefully next week. We have discussed how much time I need to relocate already.

jakesz28

when are you coming for the interview? :wink:

You don't happen to know if any of the camp grounds offer a long term spot do you? If I get the job I'm probably going to live in the camper for a while until I find a place and sell my house

Neo

Badfish
i know the managers at Slickrock and Canyonlands have long term campers. you might have to set up something special at Canyonlands (across from McD's and BK) since they close in nov. slickrock will rent year round they are between the river and where town starts (slows down to 35). there are some $hitty ones further out that have a lot of full time live ins. you will be able to find something...

Zach

Mall Crawler
i know the managers at Slickrock and Canyonlands have long term campers. you might have to set up something special at Canyonlands (across from McD's and BK) since they close in nov. slickrock will rent year round they are between the river and where town starts (slows down to 35). there are some $hitty ones further out that have a lot of full time live ins. you will be able to find something...

Or run some wires from Neo's house and it's home sweet home. [emoji41]